Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvern lure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern lure

Okay my post on Tuesday lured some great guys down to Melvern today. Opps we did not tell the fish to bite. Hit the same place I caught them Tue eve. Nothing zip zero. Of course different presentation from boat. Bank fishers slinging meat were catching some but not like Tue EVe. We moved around and caught six keeps. But way different, water in the cove we launched at was 55, water in cove we fished at was 66
    Okay going to OK to my Sister for next week save some fish for me for Mid May. Thanks Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you at the ramp yesterday and later on. We had a bad day finding fish did boat a few, but not crappie. Good company as we had out better part of the day at Green Acres over breakfast, LBM, Slabby Joe and myself. Could not get any help from the back of the boat, guess I better check his hooks might of been broken.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds familiar, I think there might be something wrong with the back of your boat!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward to catchin a lot of fish but they must have read the weather forecast and went into hibernation.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Blacksog. I just want to thank you for your frequent posts on Melvern. I live south of KC and have about a 2 hour drive. Had a blast last winter fishing over there. This winter not so much. Had to go back to Truman dam late this winter and early spring. Took what I learned at Melvern and applied it there with great results. If you ever are over this way I would like to meet you.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackdog not Blacksog.... Gotta fix these glasses or stop posting from my phone.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like nice weather next week.Maybe Melvern spawn will take off or does anybody think it is winding down.I am going to try to take my 2 daughters camping next weekend in Eisenhower.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on Blackdogs frequent Melvern posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't decide if I should go fish Melvern, Coffey County, or a farm pond on Sunday. I fish several ponds not far from Melvern and one is loaded with big crappie. Might be fun to take the daughter to the pond and let catch some fish under a bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

Need any help at the pond? Ill carry the minnow bucket.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast