Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 5/1

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Smithville 5/1

up at daylight first fish at 9 wind fishing changed with the wind only caught 10 left at 1:30 didn't catch a fish the last 2hrs:

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good morning on the water.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

10 is better than 01 or 00 for that matter. good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished far north end (above the powerlines). Didn't get a minnow in the water until almost 9:30. Immediately caught a 15", 1 3/4 lb. beauty. Caught 10" & 11" fish in the next hour. Buddy caught one 13" crappie and a channel cat. Nothing after 10:30 . We were casting minnows 2'-3' under a float... into the wind and letting them drift along the shoreline. Bites were in 3'-5' of water along steep, rocky banks. Crappie bit lightly... Would swim with the bait before pulling the float under.

Showing water temp of 67°... Thought there was a problem with my electronics but I talked to another fisherman who has seen 65° in the back of coves so maybe it was correct.

Engine started cutting out on the way back (when under load) suspect a coil or stator. Ugh... Will be 2-3 weeks before a shop can look at it, I would imagine. May venture out anyway next week... Might be a slow trip back.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job both of you! 15" would sure look nice! Thanks for the reports and getting me stoked. Maybe this weekend for me. Still back problems waa waa waa. I hope everybody I havin a good time at Truman. C'mon I know some of ya are out, how about some dazzeling reports? Hookiancookin you guys should have fish on the table.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished from 10 till to 3 and we got our 30, had to cover a lot of water but we got them. Just about all the fish came on watermelon sliders with roadrunner head. Had some real nice fish today. too bad this weather is coming in and shutting them down for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you both had good days on the water! Congrats on the 15 incher! Thanks for sharing!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

I got out yesterday too from about 3 to 6:30PM. The water temps ranged from 64-68 degrees. I covered a LOT of water on the northeast end of the lake at pretty much all depths. There were a handful of guy up there fishing but I only saw one fellow catch any crappie at all and it was a dink. We chatted for a bit as I cruised by. He'd caught a few small green fish but only that one crappie.

True to form I didn't catch any crappie, but did manage one decent sized (but not quite a keeper) bass. Oh well, it was fun. Windy as hell on the way out and back.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

We need pics............
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

I went shore fishing yesterday. Got there at 630pm wind was picking up and temps were dropping. Caught 2 keepers back to back then it got slow. Ended up with 4. Best being 12" left about 720 as it dropped almost 20 degrees and the wind picked up even more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast