Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redear / Bluegill this weekend KY Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Redear / Bluegill this weekend KY Lake

Anyone finding them on beds yet? If "yes" what type of areas have you found them in with the high water? My dad is going this weekend and I'm just wandering where he should start looking. thx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Not finding them yet
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught a huge bull bluegill yesterday while longlining. We backed off and fished red worms for an hour over the area I caught it from and never caught anything but a bunch of tiny yellows and channel cats. We fished a couple of my go-to areas and didn't catch a single gill. I would say success this weekend will depend on the high water. If it is stable you might do OK, if dropping I would stay at home.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound to good. I will be on Barkley the next three days.

Post Thanks / Like

I just want a few good days next week, I'm coming down early Sunday morning. I figure to try and hit the big bays on the Northern end of Barkley. I'd rather find a bay producing and just fish it most of the week but that might be asking for a bit to much. If worse comes to worse, I'll find my way over to Kentucky Lake...I'll have red worms wiggling all over the bottom of that lake chasing the shellcracker.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-01-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the lake is up any new on what it look like!? Ill be down the 12th high water doesn't scare me I fished in both the last two floods and did vary well! Hey redearhoosier let me know how it goes and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful on Barkley. Huge logs and boat docks floating on main lake. Very,Very muddy. Fished south Ky. and no bluegill beds anywhere. Even the crappie are not biting. Crazy year again.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thx guys.... dad is rescheduling his trip after the reports. Crazy year again....

Post Thanks / Like

I went this past weekend and did ok on crappie. Not great but not bad. Only in the 20's for keepers each day but it was fun. We were longline trolling in Malcolm Creek and caught 10 shellcrackers. One went right at a pound. I was trolling in 3 feet of water and they were up there with the crappie. Not an expert on gills and shellcrackers but I wasn't expecting to catch any up that shallow. These were all shellcrackers and zero gills. If you know Malcolm Creek you can guess were I was fishing.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigboy View Post
    I went this past weekend and did ok on crappie. Not great but not bad. Only in the 20's for keepers each day but it was fun. We were longline trolling in Malcolm Creek and caught 10 shellcrackers. One went right at a pound. I was trolling in 3 feet of water and they were up there with the crappie. Not an expert on gills and shellcrackers but I wasn't expecting to catch any up that shallow. These were all shellcrackers and zero gills. If you know Malcolm Creek you can guess were I was fishing.
    Seems to me I read a 2-3 yrs ago when there was very high water, that people were catching redears in the campground at Malcolm Creek around flooded picnic tables. They most likely were feeding up on crawlers and worms in the freshly flooded lawns!

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast