Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Man water sure is up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Man water sure is up

Went to Big Sandy to eat supper at Kelly's.After supper we drove up the road to the fenced in pump area and drove behind it and thought I would throw a jig for a few minutes,the water covered the road and parking area it is probably 5 ft. from where I usually stand on the bank and fish.......lol

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just above you in west KY. The surprising thing in our area besides how fast the water cooled back down is the fact that the higher water is very clear in most areas. There is nobody who longs for the good ol' days of using a slip bobber and dropping minnows into holes in the buckbrush as much as me but it would be a waste of time in the areas I have fished the last couple of days since it came up. Just too clear. Once the level started stabilizing, I think most of the staged fish moved up into the cover. Our longline fish dried up Monday.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure hope those redear and gills use that high water for nesting. Coming back down for a week 5/12 and hope to find some then.