Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Prairie Lee 4-29-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prairie Lee 4-29-13

The fish were not "on the bank" but close enough. I started catching them along a rock bank around the bend, in between a couple of docs. The owners of one of the docs came out and started fishing right by me, they were catching them in between their doc and the sea wall. I moved away and continued to fish up the rock bank towards the north, didn't get another hit until right on the upper corner, then they started biting really good and they were biting regularly along that bank. It was in the shade because the sun was setting so I'm not sure that made a difference. I caught 15 fish, 10 of which were really nice well over 10, a couple pushing 12. All fish were caught by casting to the bank and slow reeling back in, most hit I'd say in 5 fow, 10 feet off the bank. Mostly huge males. The best part about the day was that I only missed one fish I knew I had hooked, which never happens, I usually lose over a handful reeling them in or at the boat, but the luck was on my side today I guess. A great day!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!!!!! Thanks for reporting your good luck
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report sounds like fun.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

WTG, Bernie! glad you got into some. Sounds like you had em dialed in.