Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nite Fishin I'm Back

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Nite Fishin I'm Back

The nite fishin around here s##k’s, I think they go to sleep after dark where I fish. The first nite we went there was no brezze at all, about 85 degrees, misquitos, gnats, bugs, moths, galore. We stayed as long as we could about 2 ½ hours, Caught 4 crappie and two catfish. Came back to camp got some rest the next day it rained so we tried it the next morning from 6 til 10 am we caught 42, we were catching these at 4 foot deep that nite we went back out same thing no breeze hot bugs galore about 80 degrees stayed about 3 ½ hours caught 8 crappie, two more cats.The next moring I went out 6 til 10am caught 28. Three days later we went out at nite wasn’t as hot about 75 and had a little breeze to keep some of the bugs off stayed 4 hours caught 12crappie two days later went out in the morning we caught 21.
    We fished three different places where we’ve caught fish in the daylight hours along a small river channel
    The depth in the middle is about 25 to 30 foot deep normally we catch fish in the day in about 8 to 12 foot of water so we set the light out at about 4 foot dropped our lines in at 8 foot for a little then up to 7 then to 6 till we got some strikes we could see the bait fish hovering around the lite and sometimes a crappie would swim up an catch them a minnow one nite we set the lite at 6 foot set our lines between 8 to 10 foot deep, that’s when we caught the 12. but 12 fish in nearly 4 hours aint worth poop. So I guess I’ll have to read some more or find better spots to fish or that river or maybe I wasn’t holding my mouth right

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in another month or so it will be good for you night and day. Congrats on the ones you did catch.
    When you were night stalking, were you fishing directly below the light, or in the shadows around it? I dont do any night stalking but from what i read, they like to hang out just in the darkness around the light. Hopefully that was your problem and it is a simple fix for you. Other than that I dont think i can do you any good.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    The nite fishin around here s##k’s, I think they go to sleep after dark where I fish. The first nite we went there was no brezze at all, about 85 degrees, misquitos, gnats, bugs, moths, galore. We stayed as long as we could about 2 ½ hours, Caught 4 crappie and two catfish. Came back to camp got some rest the next day it rained so we tried it the next morning from 6 til 10 am we caught 42, we were catching these at 4 foot deep that nite we went back out same thing no breeze hot bugs galore about 80 degrees stayed about 3 ½ hours caught 8 crappie, two more cats.The next moring I went out 6 til 10am caught 28. Three days later we went out at nite wasn’t as hot about 75 and had a little breeze to keep some of the bugs off stayed 4 hours caught 12crappie two days later went out in the morning we caught 21.
    We fished three different places where we’ve caught fish in the daylight hours along a small river channel
    The depth in the middle is about 25 to 30 foot deep normally we catch fish in the day in about 8 to 12 foot of water so we set the light out at about 4 foot dropped our lines in at 8 foot for a little then up to 7 then to 6 till we got some strikes we could see the bait fish hovering around the lite and sometimes a crappie would swim up an catch them a minnow one nite we set the lite at 6 foot set our lines between 8 to 10 foot deep, that’s when we caught the 12. but 12 fish in nearly 4 hours aint worth poop. So I guess I’ll have to read some more or find better spots to fish or that river or maybe I wasn’t holding my mouth right
    I have been fishing at night in 31' of water in the bend of a creek and catching the fish about 18'-20' down.

Also for the bugs get a ThermaCELL it works!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!