Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do the BCS and the Nascar chase have in common

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do the BCS and the Nascar chase have in common

They are both systems that either need to be completely changed or done away with. The BCS has been terrible and now the chase for the final 10 spots in racing for the cup title is a joke. The emphasis on both should be about winning first and foremost. Kahne has more wins than anyone this year and sits in 11th position. The driver with the most wins should be rewareded, but if he doesnt run a great race this week and hope one of 2 other drivers has a bad day, he will be out of the chase. There is something seriously wrong with that.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel kind of bad for Kahne but points are points I guess. Kahne does have 5 wins but also has 7 finishes of 25th or worse.. As far as bonus points go they should give bonus points for the fastest 4-tire change pit stop in every race. It is team sport right? So why not give the pit crews a weekly incentive?

-REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing you have to look at though is wrecks. I dont care how good of a driver you are, when someone takes you out or bumps you, there aint a whole lot you can do about that. Kahne has been wrecked out of a couple races that could have put him in the chase already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    They are both systems that either need to be completely changed or done away with. The BCS has been terrible and now the chase for the final 10 spots in racing for the cup title is a joke. The emphasis on both should be about winning first and foremost. Kahne has more wins than anyone this year and sits in 11th position. The driver with the most wins should be rewareded, but if he doesnt run a great race this week and hope one of 2 other drivers has a bad day, he will be out of the chase. There is something seriously wrong with that.
    I have my own hard feelings about the points system but if you look back in history the drivers in the top ten win the cup anyhow. BCS is BS in my book. Just let em play.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

dont look now but nhra drag raceing just stated that next year (2007) they are going to a points chase,what a bunch of c###
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

personaly i liked it the way winston had it i could be 20th in pints and win the cup from wining the last 15 races ya no what im saying i think if its those ten that makes it run just those ten in those ten races no one else races just them

Post Thanks / Like

Well how about that! Kahne made it in!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he did and as he well should have

Post Thanks / Like

Nextel has done nothing but crap all over tradition. All they want to do is turn this thing into an international sport and make gazillions. Thats all they talk about. I wish Winston had never left. They are taking away good tracks, have gotten too strict on drivers that get mad when someone knocks them out of a race. When my favorite driver gets knocked out on purpose, I'm expecting him to get out and have a heated arguement at LEAST with the other guy but all you get is " he hit me. Thats all I can say" or they get fined points and money. That ain't the way it used to be. And whats with the prefabricated answers all the drivers give that came from some PR agent. "The Budweiser, Coors, Busch,smirnoff,Royal crown,Pepsi, Coke, Chevrolet ran real good tonight". Then have to take a swig out of each one." I'd like to thank the(all of the above) team for putting together a good car. Them boys worked hard to put this thing together. I'd like to thank my sponsors( all of the above again)" Then thats about it. I think they could at least try to get a little more original. Back when Petty, Yarborough, Dale SR. ruled the day it was a lot more original. There were heated discussions and once in a while fight which cause season long rivalries. Not anymore. One trip to the Nascar trailer and its all peas and carrots again. I still love Nascar cup racing but they need to go back and put some of the good stuff back in. Instead of trying to make it look like it is not a Redneck sport. It all started down here in the south. They need to remember that. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

well put crappiefarmer. I don't even worry about tuning in to the race anymore, if I catch it fine, if I don't thats fine too. And when they introduce the Toyota next year I may not watch at all........like you said "they took a crap all over tradition."

fishinRod
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast