Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Belleville or Bellevue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belleville or Bellevue

I just read an article on the BnM Pole website about a lady from Monroe,Michigan who fishes a Bellevue Lake and I'm wondering if they misspelled the name of the lake and meant Belleville.I've seen several posts on this site about Belleville lake and I'm wondering if they are one and the same. If so can some one tell me where this lake is located?

Post Thanks / Like

Belleville Lake is located East of Ann Arbor. Depending on what part of Ohio you're coming from you could take 23N to 94E (75N to 275N to 94W) and get off at Haggerty Road. There's a boat launch for Belleville lake at Sandy's Marina (I don't know if there's a charge to launch there). Or you could get off at Rawsonville Road (a longer travel to be in the main part of Belleville Lake, but it doesn't cost you anything).
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

cstyle, Thanks for the reply.Do you know if Belleville Lake is a decent crappie Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest crappie I've caught from Belleville lake is 10.5". That's probably nothing coming from someone who lives further south, but a good crappie up here. Depending on the time you decide to come up, crappie fishing can be good. Any place under the bridges should give you some good crappie. You might have to sift through the smaller ones to get to the biguns; however, once you're locked in, you can have a wonderful time.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey