Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: border raid to kansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default border raid to kansas

well after an azz kicking truman gave baller and me last weekend we decided we needed a change of scenery so off to toronto lake we went. figured it would be to early to find them on the banks, but hell we havent found them at toronto for 2 year's so we thought what the hell! started fishing at 7 am... fished everything from mann's cove to toronto point to duck island to the dam... one 6 inch crappie in six hour's or so. so we say let's load up and head to woodson for some dinker's but at least salvage the day. got to the boat ramp and an old farmer was fishing from the bank, ed asked if he had done any good, he had been there bout 40 minutes and had 9 or 10 pig's in a bucket. baller said hell we have tried everything all over the lake and nothing. guy told him try 8 inches of water right on the bank and by chunk rock. so we got back in the boat zipped across the lake and bam! big ol male. then pursued to miss three more hard strikes in a row. beached the boat on a chunk rock bank and just walked it, figured that shallow the trolling motor wasnt helping. it wasnt fast and furious but you would come to a little cut or a rock with slack water behind it and get bit 3 or 4 time's. our bite to catching ratio was horrible. all in all a great day. water temp was only 53 degrees. man that lake is weird, it's like the crappie just skip the staging process, we could not buy a bite in the deeper timber out from the bank. it was 8 inche's or shallower, and nothing in between. only one other time in my life i thought i had fished shallow enough, i mean that day i tried 1 foot to 12 foot but never dreamed i had to be in 8 inches or less??? and that was at toronto several year's ago when i could'nt by a bite til i saw 2 older fellas come down and fish with cane poles and immediately started pulling in slab's and yelled over at me and said i was fishing to deep, lol. so i moved in and basically put my jig on the bank and those big ol toads were whacking it, that was several year's ago when we had a mini cdc camp out there. you remember that don't ya jared. to bad you and the dr, and mr baker and others had to bring that damn cold front with ya!
    we came in about 6:30 and there were guys fishing from the bank. i cleaned up the boat while ed when out with a bang sliding in and out of the bank fishermen pulling 8 out in about 30 minute's he had the 2 big fish of the day with 2 2lbr's. the males definately have there warpaint on! nice to go and fish some other body's of water, maple leaf in is on my list this week after work

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you two had a fun time!!! Good looking fish Jeffie!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Way to keep after them. Congrats on a good trip.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

wtg guys great report

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work boys!
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you to got over and rustled some Jayhawker pigs

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! Congrats on what sounds like a great time! Big ole pigs in 8" of water, wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip to me! My neighbor went to maple leaf last Saturday rigging caught a big zero! Wish you better luck!

Post Thanks / Like

out bloody standing I must say, congrats and woo hoo, nice report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast