Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two Man Bass Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Man Bass Boats

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a two man bass boat...Maybe a uncle bucks pond master or a stalker.....To use in some smaller lakes/ponds..Are they worth the money?...I have heard they crack easily....If anyone owns one?...I would like to hear there thoughts on them..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Take Care
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 09-04-2006 at 11:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Get a WaterQuest

http://www.llboats.com

We have the small 9.4 an dI think Blufloyd has the largest version. We got ours in 2002 in a special package that included the MinnKota trolling motor, but it was about the same price as the pond prowler things. It's rated for a 5hp gas motor.

Here's why we like it better: rides in the water more like a regular boat, with a much lower center of gravity (I can stand and cast, too), comfortable swivel seats instead of those chairs that look like they came from the laundromat; and built in livewell and nav lights.

We liked it so well, we went back to the same manufacturer for our canoe. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I made one. Heres a pix fo it. Took me 2 days to make it. The railing took the most time. Runs on a el. trolling motor.
    Bill
    I have pixs of start to finish.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Have a buddy who owns one and he has had it for several years now and he loves it.
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I had one until I got the boat I have now. I used it for several years and never got a crack. I used to slide it down the ramp and drag it behind the truck up the ramp when I was finished fishing.

Mine boat was an 8 footer. It was easy for me to flip it over and put it in or take it out of the truck.

If you are planning on having a partner fish with you, I would go with at least a 10 footer. The 8 was a little crowded.

I could stand an cast all night long with no problems. I would fish around marinas at night with it and caught my biggest bass to date in it. (10.58 lbs). I wish I still had it.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bassbaby

Call Connect-a-dock in Adair, Iowa. They make the bass baby. Only one model as far as I know. It is just under 8 feet long and wider than most other 2 man plastic boats. It has wheels recessed in the back and is made very sturdy. The first two man plastic boat I bought was in 1996. It wore thru the bow where I had to drag it on the concrete ramps and was hard to load by myself. I made ramps out of 1 1/4 inch treated boards I bought and now I roll the boat in and out of the bed of my pickup. The only thing I don't like about it is the "boxy" way they made the bottom of the boat. It hits the bottom too far from the water's edge if I am trying to land it on a sloping bank or a ramp. Makes for a long first step. They have a web site and you can buy directly from them. Same price as the dealer offers but you can go to the factory and pick it up. I really enjoy mine. Lip ripper