Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Portable livewell

Post Thanks / Like

Default Portable livewell

I dont have a livewell in my boat,what do yall suggest ,should I buy one or build one

Post Thanks / Like

When i was fishing from my old Jon i used a Coleman cooler and one of the build a livewell kits from bass pro. Worked really well

Post Thanks / Like

Livewell for....? For keeping fish, throw on ice in a cooler. For bait, a round cooler with aerator make a slow circular current.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I use a Cooler with an aerator on it. You can also get some ideas from this thread. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/live-...nnow-tank.html
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping fish to eat, I use a cooler and ice. Keeping live bait or live fish, I use a cooler and "bubbles". I don't have decks in my boat and I like to keep the middle as open as possible because I do more types of fishing than pole fishing.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you google the subject you will find a company that builds them to your specs and they're tough enough to stand on. Wish I had known about them when I had my metal boat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Until I got my new rig; I fish tourneys and keep my fish alive in a 80qtr.igloo kooler and a $17 bilige pump put a piece of garden hose, and pvc pipe with hole's (small) drilled into aerate the water and that work for over 4 years never lost a fish even in may.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the size of your boat, I have seen a few made from a used 30 gallon containers (small footprint), painted dark, cut out and hinge a lid and mount a small pump up high on the side with a couple of lenghts of hose(no holes or bulkhead fittings to leak) and keeps'em alive till its knife time. Total cost is under $30 and it is portable. (use it to keep mullet alive when we assault the beachfront)

Peace and Tight Lines

CS
    Everyone must believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing.