Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: water temp. - lake Weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default water temp. - lake Weiss

Anyone know water temp and how fish are doing now?? Thanks

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb cnorf ......

Quote Originally Posted by cnorf
    Anyone know water temp and how fish are doing now?? Thanks
    Here's a report from 9/1/06 : (ads removed)

LAKE WEISS IS DOWN 3.4 FEET, STAINED & 87deg

Bass fishing is good The bass have started to move shallow. With the rain the last couple of weeks it has put some oxygen back in the water and made the fish more aggressive. The shad have moved shallow and the bass are feeding on them. A shallow running crank bait is working awesome right now ! Look for schools of shad in the back of the bays and creeks.

Striper fishing is fair and the stripers are in the Cave Hole in Little river. A lot of fish are moving back into the Chattooga river and Little Spring creek looking for cooler moving water with more oxygen. With the low oxygen levels expect the best fishing very early am and late pm. Fish the upper Chattooga river and Little river and Little Spring creek. Use live shad on a down line 8 to 10 feet deep and flat lines are producing well. Look for the schools of stripers on your fish finder and adjust your bait depth to get it a foot or so above them.

Catfish are biting great. The catfish are biting all over the lake and they are being caught by jug fishermen and people fishing off of docks are really catching a lot of fish on Chicken livers and night crawlers, use cut shad or live bream for the bigger fish and fish the main Coosa river below the big bridge in Cedar Bluff.

Crappie fishing is fair. The crappie have started biting on the old river channel drops using minnows and a bottom bouncing rig. Fish the drop-offs of the old river channels and look for any structure on the drop, target the 12-16 feet range in the Little river and Chattooga river area.

Hope this helps ......... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a Lot!!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Information

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Here's a report from 9/1/06 : (ads removed)

LAKE WEISS IS DOWN 3.4 FEET, STAINED & 87deg

Bass fishing is good The bass have started to move shallow. With the rain the last couple of weeks it has put some oxygen back in the water and made the fish more aggressive. The shad have moved shallow and the bass are feeding on them. A shallow running crank bait is working awesome right now ! Look for schools of shad in the back of the bays and creeks.

Striper fishing is fair and the stripers are in the Cave Hole in Little river. A lot of fish are moving back into the Chattooga river and Little Spring creek looking for cooler moving water with more oxygen. With the low oxygen levels expect the best fishing very early am and late pm. Fish the upper Chattooga river and Little river and Little Spring creek. Use live shad on a down line 8 to 10 feet deep and flat lines are producing well. Look for the schools of stripers on your fish finder and adjust your bait depth to get it a foot or so above them.

Catfish are biting great. The catfish are biting all over the lake and they are being caught by jug fishermen and people fishing off of docks are really catching a lot of fish on Chicken livers and night crawlers, use cut shad or live bream for the bigger fish and fish the main Coosa river below the big bridge in Cedar Bluff.

Crappie fishing is fair. The crappie have started biting on the old river channel drops using minnows and a bottom bouncing rig. Fish the drop-offs of the old river channels and look for any structure on the drop, target the 12-16 feet range in the Little river and Chattooga river area.

Hope this helps ......... luck2ya ... cp
    I have links to several websites for guides and such for Weiss but none have updated their reports as recent as this. Can you tell me where you get your report? Thanks

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink DeputyKing .........

Quote Originally Posted by deputyking
    I have links to several websites for guides and such for Weiss but none have updated their reports as recent as this. Can you tell me where you get your report? Thanks
    Using Google :D - I just happened to run across this site : http://www.havefunfishing.com/fishin...ing_report.htm which had a reasonably recent report.

I'd also consider using the JR's Marina link : http://www.jrsmarina.com/fishing.asp : when it updates, since I usually stay there when I visit Weiss. .......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, CP

Thanks for the link. It seems that everyone has stopped updating their reports for some reason. Things should pick up soon because of the weather cooling off.