Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving to charlotte

Post Thanks / Like

Default moving to charlotte

hope to move to charlotte this summer. like to troll whats the best crappie lakes around

Post Thanks / Like

I do pretty well at High Rock and LK Tillery. Never fish Norman for Crappies because a lot of the guys I work with live on Norman and they come with me to HR because they say they are not as plenitful on Norman as they are HR and Tillery. Just a thoughts. Great luck!!
    Time to play TUG-A-WAR!! HEY....you gotta' hook em to cook em!

Post Thanks / Like

Wylie is a great trolling lake. Norman is a really good lake, but for some reason, trolling just isn't very productive there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadboy View Post
    wylie is a great trolling lake. Norman is a really good lake, but for some reason, trolling just isn't very productive there.
    x2

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to SC!

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadboy View Post
    Wylie is a great trolling lake. Norman is a really good lake, but for some reason, trolling just isn't very productive there.
    x3

i would fish wylie. Its a bit of a challenge at first, but once you find them, the fish are bigger. Mark my words on this....give it about 2-3 more years and wylie will be back as a trophy crappie lake like it was about 5 years ago where you wouldnt catch many under 1 lb.....the class of 8-10 and 10-12 inch fish in that fertile lake is out of this world!!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. any crappie clubs or tourneys. fished several crappie USA tourneys in kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Hill Hookers have a few tournaments left. Carolina Crappie Association will start back in the fall. A few "wildcat" crappie tournaments now and then. We have a Church tournament first Saturday in October. Bigeyed Crappieman has a few in the Lake Jordan area. Stay on this forum and tournaments will be posted from time to time. Welcome to NC!

Post Thanks / Like

I say wylie also... I see more 2 plus pound crappie come out of wylie.. then anywhere else around the charlotte area... and the keeper ratio is great!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I too love trolling.Tillery has been good to me and Cane Creek Park in Union County is small but is a good crappie lake also. After reading the other post I will be going the Wylie next trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast