Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Capps & Coleman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Capps & Coleman

Just saw Capps and Coleman talking crappie fishing on the show Talkin' Outdoors on Sports South, more like a B'M commercial their sponsor as well as the show. Don't know how old it is as they replay a lot. Very few shows about crappie.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Hey Steve ....

check this link for more Capps/Coleman advice : http://www.bnmpoles.com/newsletter/index.html

.......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I caught the last few minutes of that show myself. Did they show any fishing? I would liked to have watched all of it. Do they ever rerun the shows and how do you find out when a certain show will be shown?
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Just saw Capps and Coleman talking crappie fishing on the show Talkin' Outdoors on Sports South, more like a B'M commercial their sponsor as well as the show.
    Actually, they were talking about BnM poles on a show called "Talkin' Sponsors".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechaser2
    I caught the last few minutes of that show myself. Did they show any fishing? I would liked to have watched all of it. Do they ever rerun the shows and how do you find out when a certain show will be shown?
    I didn't get it all myself and what I saw was not much fishing. Sports South reruns stuff all the time, I guess they have a web-site, don't know.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it again Labor Day. All talk, no fishing. Saw a few pictures of their boat rigged up. Wonder what size weights they use. Their poles were all bent over in front like they were using heavy weights. Most people I read on here use less than an ounce. That would not put bends in your pole like I saw in theirs. Does anyone know how heavy you can go with your weights?
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read on a post a few months ago that they use up to 8 oz. of weight on their pushing rigs.

Post Thanks / Like

According to an article on the B & M website they use 1/2 oz - 2 oz weights on their trolling rigs. That is the same set up I'm using as well. The B & M poles do have a big bend in them. I believe the article about the guys using 8 oz weights was in crappie world and that wasn't Capps & Coleman. It was about power trolling.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

i've heard from a guy that has fished in the same tournaments that they have used at least 5oz weights and pushed their baits pretty fast. if i had to guess, i bet either this snapped the ends off the 16 footers in rough water or put too much bend in the poles for their liking. this is probably why they are coming out with their signature pole and i bet this is the reason bnm came out with the trolling series graphite rods which i understand are much stiffer toward the tips.