Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Camera ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Camera ?

I keep an old Olympus Comedia 2020 Z 3.2 mega pixel digital in the boat. I can`t believe it still works. It has been in the boat 24-7 for the last 7 years. I have been waiting for it to die so I can replace it. Well I am going to replace it any way I think I will be pushing up Daisies before this thing dies. I would like to find a digital pocket type camera in the range of $100 - $300. A few things that are a must, easy to throw in a pocket, largest zoom minimum 10X optical, self timer ( Olympus had none ), able to do manual settings, enough pixels to edit images. Keeping color quality is important hard to beat the old Olympus compared to many pictures I have seen on some of the newer digital cameras. What would you gentleman recommend?

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to make a serious mistake in today's dig cam market--lot's of quality products with a wide range of features, all at reasonable prices. You're already comfortable with Olympus and Amazon's always going to have competitive prices, so hit amazon.com with a search for digital cameras in the electronics dept, narrow the search to Olympus, and sort the resulting hits according to price (high to low.) Read the specs for a couple of cameras in the $300 range, and that will give you the high-end feature set. Then, decide which features you're willing to forgo in order to move down the price scale. When you hit the price range where your "must have" features begin disappearing, plan to spend at least that much. Before long, you'll have it narrowed down to two or three models. If there are insufficient owner ratings to make you comfortable, jump over to cnet.com and see what that site can add to what you already know. The cnet information will also list competitive prices--some of which might beat Amazon.

One feature that might not be on your shopping list (yet) is GPS. Some of the better cameras have a GPS receiver that will write Lat/Lon coordinates into the images files the camera creates. This can be handy when you're planning future fishing trips.

Happy camera hunting!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Corker.... For the little I have looked it is hard to believe what they are packing in these small cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have been looking to replace my camera. Samsung an a few others now have built in wifi. your pictures would go directly to your computer, no fuss. I like that idea as well.
    CG1 "Dances with fish"