Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this hard to find fish lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to this hard to find fish lol

Need some help guys in lower alabama about finding these fish

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome I do not fish lower al, but fish slow and talk to the locals.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Baldwin county. I fish from the Delta to above Coffeeville. If you can find anywhere the river isn't in the woods that is a good start. We have thousands of miles of bank, all depths, all types structure. I find the fish on the Delta (99% black crappies) on structure. Delta fish are very sensitive to tidal movement. Once you hone in on depth, if they quit biting they typically have moved and will be withing 50' on another top or structure. Around Three Rivers (50/50 white and black) the blacks will key closer to bank on structure with the whites farther out on the structure. Whites school out in the middle on Three River also. What area are you in?

Post Thanks / Like

I been fishing around the dead lake area and little lizzard and shell bayou some of the local perch fisherman are very tight lipped with spots and practices
    I have been an avid bass fisherman for years with the occasional pursuit of bream but these crappie are busting me
    Out lol

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that a couple of the older fisherman have been having a little fun with me on bad places and practices

Post Thanks / Like

Move around till you fin them if you can find a blowdown near deep water that would be a good start I will cast to it and retrieve at different depths, and having some minnows helps sometimes, always try different depths when looking for crappie and they can change patterns often after you find them

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been able to get out on the river much this spring but I have had good luck in the past fishing dead lake from the launch to the upper end trolling a jig about 4' deep under a cork and Bayou Zeast was really good last year after the spawn. If you know Zeast go in till you see two metal poles on the left bank and fish that side up to the power line. I caught several limits last year trolling that area, not big ones but keepers. I picked them up all along but would usually catch several off the ends of the tree tops.

Post Thanks / Like

All right guys thanks i finally put some slabs in the boat this morning and loved every minute !
    Can see this being one of my new obesseions
    Going back in the morning lol

Post Thanks / Like

A friend and I caught 31 this afternoon north of I-65. Water is still in the swamp in most places but not enough for the fish to be out there and it's still a little muddy, but fishable. Caught them on jigs under a cork in 7 to 8 ft. of water, fishing about 18 inches deep around structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Flatout, now that your catchin, how did you catch them? How deep was the water, how deep were you fishin, what type of structure? I went Saturday and only caught 3 right before i had to leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast