Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Guy

Hello folks I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is David Schneider, I live in Milan Indiana. I have been fishing my whole life (locally mostly) I was never much for tournament fishing, tried a bass club years ago and with not many eager to "help the new guy" I quickly got discouraged.

Always being a big fan of Crappie fishing, (grew up on Tanners Creek) I have been lurking on this site for some time. I've been keeping track of the growth of this club and what seemed to be good competition and camaraderie through the tournaments held and whatnot. So I decided to to swing by the weigh-in's at Brookville on April 20th and I am glad I did! First off a handful of the members approached me and struck up conversation! Having sold my Bass Boat a couple years ago, I was kinda wondering around staring at everyone's boats and how they had them set up, didn't seem to bother anyone and struck up a few good conversations. I was impressed with how outgoing and friendly everyone was.

Now, (as I was afraid of) I'm boat shopping! LOL

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and say hello. If all goes well I hope to be participating in the near future! Below is a picture of the weigh in's at Brookville on April 20,2013.

Name:  IN Slabmasters.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  46.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, glad to see ya join the site! This place seems to be the home base for a lot of the ISM members. As you saw last weekend, it's really a pretty neat environment. There are definitely a few teams, week in and week out, that are very tough, but just like last week, sometimes it just takes that one fish.

I firmly believe that almost all members will share everything except the exact locations. The things that I've learned the last couple years allow me to take that same knowledge to a variety of bodies of water and be successful.

Maybe we'll be seeing more of you!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site too.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. Will learn alot here.
    Indiana Crappie Federation Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard... I'm happy to hear you were impressed with our club and our members...
    We have all become like family and it's always a friendly environment at all of our events.

I want to thank you for posting this because we all feel like we have a great thing going.

Look forward to fishing with ya in the future.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

David,

Welcome to the site and hope to see you fishing a Indiana Slab Masters Event soon! As you will find out, it is more than just about the competition, we have a great group of men and women that fish with us! There definitely seems to be camaraderie among the members, we also have a good time hanging out at the host hotels or lodging spots as a lot of good information shared and friendships are built there too. Thanks for posting it is always good t know that we are doing things right!

Good Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, whatever you do dont call me next time your at brookville lake. Its not like i can see the the water from my kitchen. Geez, you think you know somebody after 100 years. Call me next time your up. I got 2 boats in the driveway ready to fish at any time

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill! Glad you joined up over here, some good fellas for sure! Don't be a stranger and let us know when you get that crappie line of crank baits ready to go! As far as a boat goes, it won't compare to that high dollar Ranger you have I pulled the trigger today on a 190tx Tracker. Took it out today and was well pleased. Now to get it all "crappiefied"....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I loved my Pro team 190 as well.... I'm sure we will be seeing you soon..
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TDHcrappiemaster View Post
    I loved my Pro team 190 as well.... I'm sure we will be seeing you soon..
    Sending in membership first thing this week Tom