Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rods and reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default rods and reels

'Im goin fishin with this guy and he's really good he fills his limit 2 or 3 times a day during spring and summer and he said he has lots of reels and rods for me to use but I want to go out and buy my own stuff. The point is that i need suggestions cheap but reliable on rods and reels. suggestions and estimates would be good. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the type of crappie fishing he does. I would go with him and use his then decide what you need for the type of fishing you like best.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Number one, what technique you using, casting,jigging,trolling? What kinda budget you working with? What have you used of his that you like? Then we can better help you.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For starters if he is filling his limit 2 or 3 times a day you probably don't want to be fishing with that type of guy. Unless he is catching these out of a privately owned lake. Otherwise that could be a great way to get yourself in some trouble with Mr. Green jeans and cost you some big fines. But like said above it will depend on what type of fishing you will be doing. I really like the Quantum Optix in a 10 series which is the size for a cheap spinning reel. They run $19.99. Lots of good rods out there from $25 for a shorter rod which is good for casting jigs or slip bobbers. The dipping style rods run from $40-$65. What lakes will you be fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

You have good points, and thank you.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anytime. Always someone on here to help out. If your close to Truman lake or Clinton, MO I work at Everharts and can help you out getting set up.

Post Thanks / Like

id take him up on his offer and use his stuff...

i like pflueger or cardinal or whatever $30 reels and $25 light spinning rods from walmart(micro or torsion have been late favorites). these are crappies, not bass. so i dont think you need much to get started....then once you are hooked, you can drop mad cash when you get bit by the bug...when that bug comes it can get costly!

good luk

Post Thanks / Like

My grandpa and I have property down there on our way there we pass Everharts each and every time. We'll have to stop in some time!

Post Thanks / Like

BPS micro lites an bionic blades are very good. shimano sienna reeel are nice for the price

Post Thanks / Like

Squirrel just make sure you can get there before they close. I can never leave my house in Kansas in time to get there before they close. ( There store is the best I have ever seen for crappie gear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast