Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Feeding Frenzy Already?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Feeding Frenzy Already?

I know it's a bit early for the Fall Feeding Frenzy but after the last cold front came through dropping our average highs several degrees and with the lows hovering near 60 the last three nights the surface temp has fallen into the low 80s on Lake Greeson and the crappie this morning acted like they think it's on.

After hitting a couple brushpiles fishing 13 to 15-feet deep like we have been and only catching a couple good crappie I thought I better check farther up the creek to see if they had started moving shallower. We caught most of these from 7 to 10-feet deep in 10 to 14-foot of water over and around brush and bamboo on Rosy Red minnows under slip floats.

We released another twenty or so 7 to 9-inchers too so we had some pretty good action at times.

If the extended forecast is right the surface temps will continue to slowly come down and the Fall Feeding Frenzy will start a little early this year.

I AM R E A D Y!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

More satisfied customers Jerry...good job,I have been finding them in the last week up the creek on shallow flats in the 3'-8' range our weather sounds like it is very similar to yours hope it continues and i think the fishin will get real good real fast.We have been catching limits of 10"-13" fish on slab busters on stake beds you have to fish slow and down in the beds for the big fish but a little patience is worth it for quality fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

we have had four nights of temps in the mid 60's that have dropped water temps. from 91 degrees down to 80. cloudy days have helped to keep temps. down, also. saturday i went to waterway and found eight good fish about 6 feet, but had trouble keeping my jig away from green trout. my son and i will try them this p.m. again. fish i caught knocked the tar out of jigs. fall fishing is not far away. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry that is a nice bunch of fish there. And thanks on the heads up on the fish moving up like that.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete:

Thanks and You're Welcome. It seems like there are always a few crappie that are just as anxious as we are for either the spawn or the Fall Feeding Frenzy to start. When the water first starts to warm up in the spring and when it first starts to cool down in the fall they'll move pretty shallow pretty quick.

We had another pretty good trip Sunday fishing the same shallow areas.

A front went through Sunday afternoon and evening so they were a little less cooperative today but still a lot shallower than they had been before the water cooled down.

I keep checking deeper brushpiles but they seem to have moved out of most of them. I guess they'll wander around for a couple weeks to see if it's really fall yet before they really start to stack up on our shallower condos.

I'll be going back to Hamilton tomorrow so I hope I can find the hungry ones there.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking mess of fish you have there!

Well I can't wait, but for now we still have them in deep water. We caught our fish Saturday night in 31' of water fishing down 18'-20' and as far as i know others here are still mainly fishing 15'-20' down.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats that is a bunch of great looking fish.
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin' fish there Jerry. I hope they are turning on here too. Gonna try to find out soon if they've come up shallow and hungry
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them