Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Side Image question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Side Image question

When fishing your HOME LAKE how often and why do you use the side imaging? Is the 5" screen worth buying?

Post Thanks / Like

SI helps in finding the fish when they are on the move or scattered just like DI helps see detail more of whats below you. You really need the LARGEST screen you can afford, or can't afford. If you want to see the detail the larger screens are a necessity. the newer models may show the detail better than my G1 HDS 8 but I have not seen a newer one to know.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5 inch and my friend has a 7 inch ,we put both on his boat and what I could see good on his I barely could see on mine, in fact at one time I saw fish on his that had I not already seen them on his then I would not have notice them on mine,get bigger unit even if you have to wait a little longer.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the 5" is fine for downscan and mapping, but basically useless for sidescan, it's just too small to give you the detail you need for side imaging.
    -LP

2007 Skeeter ZX-20 Bay / Yamaha 150 VMax
    Lowrance HDS-8, 7, & 5 with LSS-1

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

SI is invaluable for finding new structure out to the sides of the boat you never knew was even there...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

The main area I fish Crappies is a shad based forage so these Crappies are on the move all summer. I troll a lot and side imaging is the only way to find and stay on these fish. As stated above get the biggest screen you can if it dosen`t hurt the pocket book a little it is not big enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't answer your first question earlier, sorry. I use sidescan almost every, if not every time I'm fishing, for finding fish as well as structure. When I find something of interest out to the side ofme I'll mark a waypoint on it then go over the top of it with downscan to get a better look.
    -LP

2007 Skeeter ZX-20 Bay / Yamaha 150 VMax
    Lowrance HDS-8, 7, & 5 with LSS-1