Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buckeye Lake Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buckeye Lake Results

All those who didn't show because of the weather, turn in your man cards! I understand Larry wants to add them to his collection! Seventeen teams showed up to brave the elements (16 paid)--snow in the boats, biting cold, and all day winds made it a tough tournament.

Seriously, after the storms and massive temp drop on Friday (went from 67 in the morning to 48 in the afternoon), and overnight snow (you heard it--snow on April 19th!), I wasn't sure how the bite would be. However, as always, some of the teams found the fish and turned in impressive weights given the conditions, averaging just under a pound per fish. Here are the winners:

Kerry August and Scott Sattler, both of Celina Ohio, won it all, as well as big fish, with a weight of 7.39 pounds. Big fish was 1.12 pounds. They took home $534, plus their big fish winnings (I didn't catch how much, but I expect it was in excess of $150).

Frank Dimos of Lebanon Ohio and Bill Hora of New Paris Ohio took 2nd place with a weight of 7.35 pounds. They made $354 and their big fish was 1.05 pounds.

Darcie Briggs of Columbus Ohio and John Burley of Grove City Ohio won 3rd place with a weight of 7.34 pounds and their big fish was 1.03 pounds. They won $72.

You're seeing it right--only 5/100's of a pound separated 1st from 3rd, basically revolving around big fish. I suspect all the teams had at least one big one come unglued (I know Bill and I did), so these results could just as easily have been in a different order.

Next stop--St Mary's!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to winners, great group of guys I met today.

Post Thanks / Like

My man card will be turned in at st. Mary's my semi flat bottom beat the fillings out of my head on Friday so I tucked my tail and drove 3hrs back home

Post Thanks / Like

Wind stirred things up for sure, right from the start. Great group of new teams from the Deer Creek area came (3-4 teams). Those guys are gonna be tough on the deeper lakes. Yesterday was NOT conducive to spider rigging, or I think there would have been bigger weights, as not many big females turned in. Many male black crappie in color weighed. I did catch a few whites that made the cut, but normally would have had more and bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fished-out
    Your doing an awesome job running the tourney. Are the complete results/weights still being posted on BCC.com?

NightProwler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Herb.

Yes, when Jeff has a chance to do it, total results and photos will be posted on the BCC website. I'd like to see it done in the next day or two, but he's got a day job too. I'll continue to post the results here as soon as possible, so that folks know what's happened quickly.

Not counting me, there were 3 teams that regularly fish East Fork, some of the regular folks from the St Mary's area, the Deer Creek teams I mentioned above, and others, so there was a good mix of teams from different parts of Ohio.

However, I'd like to see more teams out there, or it just won't be worth the time I put in, but we'll see what happens later in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    Hey fished-out
    Your doing an awesome job running the tourney. Are the complete results/weights still being posted on BCC.com?

NightProwler
    A very good job... wtg Frank
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

It was a challenge for us newcomers to this tournament. We braved the elements for 6 hours and started having mechanical issues with our boat so decided to throw in the towel. Congrats to the winners, you earned that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you. The first year I fished Buckeye Lake in a tournament, we did NOT do well. The next year, we won it. Next two years--no good. Now this year, 2nd. These things tend to even out over time.