Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 561 DI need a manual for DUMMIES

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 561 DI need a manual for DUMMIES

Well I guess I should have bought a bamboo pole cause I could figure out whats on the bottom better with it than this depth finder.I wish they had a video for those of us that have never had a depth finder been 3 times ain't seen any structure yet.Before yall chew on me......I read both manuals and looked at cd,they need better instructions

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing you may find beneficial, is to cut a small sapling and take it to the lake with you. Then drop it over and you can scan back over it and get familiar with your unit. Just a thought.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're fishing shallow water (less than 10ft)...it's entirely possible that you just haven't been able to get any type of standing structure to be encompassed in the area coverage of the sonar beams yet...

Below is a depiction of the two separate 2d sonar beams and the two separate DI beams in your 561 DI...

Structure under the xducer must be inside the parameters of these beams before that structure will show on the display screen...

I would suggest running the unit in "Split Screen 2d/DI"...

That way when you do finally get structure inside the area of the sonar beams you can compare how each technology (2d or DI) displays the echo returns...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

First thing I would suggest is reading all these DI posts, some of them talk about settings/set-up. Next go to youtube and look at some of these and search for more. I may not find many fish yet, and I don't know much about setting mine up, but with some of these settings you will at least be able to start seeing somt structure. If you still can't, I would suggest you have someone put their unit on your boat, and put your unit on theirs to see if it may be an issue with your unit or transducer.