Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my dad (While @ Brookville Tournament)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on my dad (While @ Brookville Tournament)

As some of you may know, while fishing the tournament @ Brookville today my dad started having some bad chest pains. At first he didn't think much of it, but asked me to take over while he sat down for a spat. Within 5 minutes he needed help. I floored the boat while in the idle zone. (Apologies to any of you who may have been affected, but I hope you understand). I got him to the fairfield ramp and had him laying down in the boat. An individual from the Bass club that was also fishing that day stayed with my dad and called 911. He also made the effort to get get our truck and pull us out of the water once we got the boat on the trailer.

While still at the ramp waiting on the ambulance, I have to admit I started losing it because I was scared to death of losing my dad.... This guy from the bass club not only comforted my dad, but myself included. I don't know where he's from or what his name is, but thank God he happened to be a guide here in the state and being so, knew first aid/cpr/etc. Sadly because of the pace I only got to shake his hand and say thank you. If by chance any of you talked with him, I'd like to know his name....

The Ambulance rushed him to Richmond (Reid Hospital) and he's still there. I only came home once my Mother and Sister-In-Law arrived to stow the boat and the gear. Then I'm heading back to Richmond. Having had heart problems in the past (a few stints, heart attack etc.) They are keeping a close eye on him. At this time (well as of when I left the hospital) They were still unsure if he had a Heart Attack, but were still in the process of stabalizing him and trying to help with his pain. They had quite a few more tests to run on him, so I'll have more info later.

I know that I don't know all of you and to be honest none of you really close, but my dad and I love the club and enjoy talking with alot of you during the tournaments. He's said before it's like an extended family that you don't have to buy Christmas presents for so I guess that's a good thing.

On the way to the hospital, I called Jim because well, I figured someone should know we had to leave and maybe why all the DNR/Sheriff/Ambulances were at the ramp had anyone seen it all going down. Hopefully Jim, you were able to pass on my thanks to the Bass Club and maybe able to nail down who the guy was that helped so much with my dad at the ramp. If you or anyone know of what the Clubs name was I'd like to know so I can personally send them a word of thanks as others helped as well.

Don Glick

Post Thanks / Like

Praise the Lord!

I do not even want to imagine what you're day was like, but I am so happy that things seem to be headed in the right direction.

I believe it was a BFL fishing league, surely someone can help you a little more than that, but that's all I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Don,
    I want you to know that Jim did announce it over the loud speaker to thank the bass fisherman and for us all to say a prayer for your dad.

I know exactly what your saying about extended family... We are all deeply concerned for your dad and you because I could't imagine going through that myself.

Thank the lord he's still with us and for your quick thinking. You should never worry about breaking the law when it comes to saving a loved one as I know for a fact everyone out there would have done the same thing.

I tried to call you when we were finished at the ramp but I'm sure your phone battery was dead.
    Please tell your dad I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him and please keep us posted on his condition.

Thank you for sharing this with us so we can all rest tonight knowing he is doing better.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the update! Team Glick is apart of the ISM family, and we're all very concerned. Please let him know that we're praying for a speedy recovery, and let us know if there is anything we can do in the process. Hope to see you both back real soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow hope all is well I totally missed all of that! We will all keep you guys in our prayers for a 100% recovery!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing him the best and a quick recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry Don I did not get the name of the man that assisted you at the ramp. As Tom stated, I did announce to the club to keep you and your dad in our prayers, and I want to let you know that I am praying for both of you. I have to also elaborate on what High Tide stated that your team is a very important part of the Indiana Slab Masters family, and I was very saddened by the telephone call yesterday. It is men like yourself and your dad that make the club what it is! We hope your dad has a speedy recovery and hope to see both of you at a club event very soon! Please keep us updated on his progress!

Respectfully,

Post Thanks / Like

Glad To hear he is doing better. Im sure he's in good hands at the hospital now. I couldnt imagine what you went through yesterday. Wishing for a speedy recovery.

**** The Bass tourney yesterday was USA BASSIN Brookville division. The tourney directors name is Gregg Pigg from Ohio. His # is 937-620-1702 and email is [email protected]

Im sure he could get you in contact with the guy who helped you yesterday. Let us know if you need anything, we are all here for you and your dad.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your comments, well wishes and prayers. I just returned from Richmond with my dad and he's down here in Columbus now. He's looking like normal now and acting like it as well. In fact, he's already talking about the Patoka tournament and wants to go there this Sunday, but the Doc says that may be too soon after getting a stint replaced. Which btw is what happened to him on the lake Saturday. Apparently one of the stints became "clogged" and wasn't allowing enough blood to flow through the artery. He didn't have a Heart Attack as was feared, which is a good thing, but the lack of sufficient blood was apparently enough to cause the pain/problems he had on the lake.

He'll be out "possibly" tomorrow, but we're thinking Tuesday sounds more like it. He told me to tell all of you thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers and to say thanks to all of you for your support. I'd like to say thanks as well...

Oh, and Skeeterman, thanks for that info and telephone number. I'm going to give him a call here shortly and hopefully he can get me the info on the guy who helped us at the ramp.

Don Glick

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: My mom just filled me in on this... The problem with his heart apparently arose after his blood pressure went sky high. With all the stints and problems he's had with his heart in the past, it was apparently enough to cause the pain/pressure he was feeling in his chest. He also has an "aneurysm" due to his blood pressure being so high. The Doc says he'll be sitting around quite a bit and that'll be something they will keep a very close eye on. So in fact, he didn't have a stint replaced, which is what I could have sworn they said. But I suppose that explains why they looked at me like I was an idiot when I mentioned he'd just had a stint put in a month or two back.

So yeah, wanted to post that in order to get it straight. My apologies... Lack of sleep on this end the past day or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast