Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest Details

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contest Details

Alan (THE FISHERMANS EDGE), Matthew (Jigum Jigs) and myself (The Hook UP) will each put up prizes and we will give one set from each to the winner of the biggest fish by length, and I will get my wife to pick names from a hat or something like that for the drawing for 4 other prizes. The 4 other prizes will be listed below. This would be for any member at either board (TFF & Crappie.com) and include any one from their families like the kids or wife.

The prizes.... From THE FISHERMANS EDGE will give 2 Sets of his Glow Jigs and his site is http://www.thefishermansedge.com/

From Jigum Jigs will give 2 prize sets of 6 packs (2 Jigs per pack) each of his hand tied jigs in 1/16oz. color of your choice (works like a gift certificate) and his site is... http://www.rdlwebs.com/jigum/entrance.htm

From (The Hook Up) am giving 2 sets of my Christmas Candy Jigs and "Cow Killer" Jigs as pictured in my original Post about the contest (I will also put the pictures on my web site on the contest page) and one set of 7 of what I call my Micro Jigs and my site is... http://thumpitjigs.com/

Added Prize...From Jeff (FishyMemories) 2 Sets of 10 pack each of 1/16, 1/8, 1/4oz collar jigs with sickle hooks and The winners can also choose to have them painted. So that is 2 more winners now. His web site is... http://www.fishymemories.com/

And... From Big Dave (Bayou City Crappie Club) four 3 piece sets of our favorite hand tied, field tested jigs. So that will be 4 more winners. And his web site is... http://www.bayoucitycrappieclub.org/

And.... From Jigs by Dirk 4 Sets of of my 1/64 oz. micro jigs with 3 per Jigs per set. His Web site is... http://www.jigsbydirk.com/.

Prizes are as follows:
    First Place... One set Glow Jigs (THE FISHERMANS EDGE), One Set of 6 packs of Jigum Jigs in 1/16oz. & one set of each my Christmas Candy Jigs and "Cow Killer" Jigs and that is one each 1/32oz., 1/16oz. and 1/8oz. to make each color set.

Then for the drawings we have
    One set from THE FISHERMANS EDGE of his Glow jigs.
    One set of 6 packs of 1/16oz. jigs from Jigum Jigs Color of choice.
    One set from The Hook Up of Christmas Candy & "Cow Killer" Jigs each to have one 1/32oz., 1/16oz, & 1/8oz.
    One set from The Hook Up of 7 Micro Jigs.
    Two Sets from FishyMemories of 10 pack each of 1/16, 1/8, 1/4oz collar jigs with sickle hooks and The winners can also choose to have them painted. Two Winners for this item.
    Four 3 piece sets of our favorite hand tied, field tested jigs from Big Dave (Bayou City Crappie Club).
    From Jigs by Dirk 4 Sets of 1/64 oz. micro jigs with 3 per Jigs per set.

They will need to email me the pictures so no one knows how big of fish is in the lead and after the contest is over they can post their pictures they entered.

All pictures will need to be with a tape showing the length and have 2 $1 bills in the picture with one above the fish and one below. We will also need a picture of the person that caught the fish with the fish. I also need a picture of the fish included with the keepers for that day and the person that is entering the fish can include him or her self in that picture instead of a separate picture of them and the fish.

I will not return any pictures and may put them on either Alan or Matthew or my web site or if either Alan or Matthew want after the contest is over. I will make a page on my web site for this contest to show pictures of the prizes and maybe the pictures of the fish after the contest is over.

When you send in pictures also send in your mailing address so if you win we will know where to send the prizes.

It will go from now until the end of the month (Sept.).

eastkycrappie gave me the idea of the drawing, he was first with the idea! So he gets either the Christmas Candy set or the Cow Killer set. No one got the entire package so that is why eastkycrappie gets the prize listed here for his help.

eastkycrappie send me you address in a PM please!

Note to other sellers of fishing products: If you have anything you would like to give as a prize in this contest please PM me ASAP and I will take a look to see if we can add additional prizes.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 09-10-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip you have an email from me. The BCCC will donate a few of our favorite feild tested hand tied Jigs. Someones going to have a great bunch of jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

wow! what a prize. to bad i have no chance at all to win........ it sucks living in washington sometimes
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CK14
    wow! what a prize. to bad i have no chance at all to win........ it sucks living in washington sometimes
    Why can't you win? No crappie there?

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Why can't you win? No crappie there?
    no, there's crappie...... just not very many big ones. a 12" crappie is huge around here. a good "keeper" would be 9"-10". we have slower growth rates up here and we don't have white crappie in many lakes. a 15" 2lb crappie is one of the hardest fishing things to do around here..... from a lot of the posts you southerners do, it doesn't sound that hard for you. but thats how it goes :rolleyes:

what would say the average size of a crappie you catch is?
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

no, there's crappie...... just not very many big ones. a 12" crappie is huge around here. a good "keeper" would be 9"-10". we have slower growth rates up here and we don't have white crappie in many lakes. a 15" 2lb crappie is one of the hardest fishing things to do around here..... from a lot of the posts you southerners do, it doesn't sound that hard for you. but thats how it goes :rolleyes:

what would say the average size of a crappie you catch is?
    Average for me is probably 12", but there is only the first prize for size and all the other prizes will be by drawing. So you can win that!

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

About the pictures... email them to me and if you don't have my email you can just send them to me at [email protected]

After it's over anyone that wants to post their pics can. I should also add anyone supplying the prizes can not win.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Average for me is probably 12
    ecxactly :D . i've probably only caught 8 crappie at 12" or better

so about the drawings........ what do you do to get into the drawing? do you just submit a picture?
    Last edited by CK14; 09-01-2006 at 04:43 PM.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

ecxactly :D . i've probably only caught 8 crappie at 12" or better

so about the drawings........ what do you do to get into the drawing? do you just submit a picture?
    Yes everyone that enters get in the drawing except the winner of course.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Just to calrify....

I need to add that if you submit a picture and then later catch a bigger crappie just send it in to and it will replace the first one. So you are not confined to just sending in one entry, but only one of your entries will be in the drawing.

Also want to say thanks for the sticky!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 09-05-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast