Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norman Striper nightstalk 4-17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norman Striper nightstalk 4-17

My girlfriend and I hardly can line up evenings/following mornings off together, but finally tonight everything lined up for her first night time striper stalk. expectations were high as ive bragged about how it would be this time of year and on how it should be fast and furious!

well got to my place i net bait and worked my butt off to get only 2 1/2 dozen herring if even that! was quite depressing however i figured that it would be enough to just have a little fun. also kept a net full of threadfin to play with as well as a back up.

got on the water at 630 and pulled up to the spot at 700. while setting the downlines, i started to school her on why the herring are so much better....bait the first 3 rods with threadfins, then the forth i put on a herring....as i was dropping it down, something snatched it before i could even engage the reel and the fight was on...i zig zag between all the rods the fish decided to run through, then once cleared i had the rod to her and let her fight her first decent striper. it made a nice long run the moment it hit and knew it would be a very nice one. long story short she gets it in the boat like a pro and the rest is history..8 lbs 13 oz. very strong for norman standards.

to make it a long story short, we fished for a little over an hour and it was quite obvious that the fish as always didnt care a thing for the threadfin as they would jump all over the herring in no time. 1 1/2 hours later, we had a VERY SOLID 2 person limit and released about 4 more. smallest fish was about 5 1/2 pounds. no hybids this time. also kept 2 chunky 3ish lb spotted bass. The fish were hitting hard this evening. so hard that several times you couldnt pull the rod out of the holders.

by the end of the trip, had just 5 herring left over that i turned loose...bait was used very wisely I let her do all the reeling. only time i manned the rod was when we had the occasional double.

she is now hooked on the spring time striper fishing, and knows why "i keep going" on these night stalks.... The perfect evening. Hit the water, caught a limit before dark, home and packed up by 9, at work by midnight...looks like i gotta keeper

The spring nighttime action is at its peak right now on norman

Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you two had a ball!! You should take her to TT , and give it a shot at night. Just don't take the cruiser out there , LOL!! Speaking of which , that sounds like a good idea to keep youth off the streets. Maybe the chief would back you , and get things started.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Pete catching a girl like that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What them greenheads weigh?

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Pete..

Post Thanks / Like

nevermind...i dont read, i just look at pichers :

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D

Post Thanks / Like

Those are nice keepers Pete and the girlfriend included. Wish my wife likes to fish...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder8 View Post
    Great job Pete catching a girl like that!!!
    haha thx. snagged her over a year ago...shes been a great fishin partner!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast