Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wanted to say hi to the Alabama Crappie forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted to say hi to the Alabama Crappie forum

I am new here, what a great forum. I have a question about fishing in high water. I usually fish Jackson Lake in Millbrook AL back water off the Alabama river, i went monday and the water seemed to be up 6 to 8 feet above where i caught crappie last week. I fish from the bank so i could not get to my spot. I was catching them fishing about a foot and a half in 6 to 8 foot water. Are those fish still there or would they move shallow around new trees and brush close to the bank. I could not catch anything yesterday from daylight till noon, should i fish more shallow and tight to new cover from the high water. I was using minnows to fish with. Any help i would be thankful, thanks again BILL

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

I fish an area of the river that may rise or fall several feet in a day and I find the crappie or still in the same spots. They do seem to move up and down but always seem to be in the same general area! Hope this helps but could be different where your fishing?.....Welcome to the Forum!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome tiger 1961!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i went back to Jackson Lake this morning, and the water had went way down but was still up a little. Caught 6 with in 15 minutes, then they just got lock jaw. Last week i caught 13 and the next day caught 10, then the water rose real high on Friday. All the fish i caught were in the same general area. All were caught fishing foot and a half to two foot in about 6 to 10 foot of water.

Post Thanks / Like

If the water rises try fishing deeper. If you are not using a slip bobber you made to get some. I have found that when the water is lower the fish are more concentrated. When it is high they spread out.

Welcome and I hope this helps.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info to all