Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rough river

Post Thanks / Like

Default rough river

Went to rough river yesterday April 15th. Caught a ton of small fish but managed 24 keepers casting jigs and fishing minnows under a cork. Probably caught over 100 fish, but most were shorts. Most were 10 inches but had some 12's and one 13. Water temp was 59 in the morning and 62 later in the day. The bigger fish came off of minnows. Might try them tommorrow weather permitting.

Name:  get-attachment rough river.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  15.9 KBName:  get-attachment rough river 3.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  12.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crappie75; 04-16-2013 at 07:28 PM.

chucky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Job !

Post Thanks / Like

Some Nice fish there! What part of the lake were you on. I do a good bit of fishing around Peter Cave. Used to catch nice crappy there.
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks chucky and killum. Hey killum, i was in the North Fork area. I need to get away from that place. I primarily fish from Tules Creek to Calameese Creek, but need to learn new places like Peter Cave and Laurel, etc. These were not from the creeks, but from the main lake. "Used to" is a familiar phrase at Rough. The number of small fish is unreal. It should be awesome in a year or so, but i've been saying that for a couple of years now. Went today and only had four keepers. Got there late and the temp was 65. When i left, it was close to 70 degrees. Back to work tomorrow and there is a big cold front coming in this weekend . Hopefully the feesh are hungry then.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting my boat back for the weekend. had to have some motor work done. Hope to get lines wet this weekend. If I can I will let ya know how I do. I'd say you are right about the size of fish. If the ski boats dont squish em all we might get som nice fish next year... or not
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"