Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about rod.

I ordered a B'nM Russ Bailey rod from amazon.com and it was supposed to be a spinning rod. I received a casting rod instead. I have a shimano calyx 100 A baitcast reel I am thinking of putting on it or throwing on a spincasting reel on it. I know it probably won't cast as far as a spinning rod will but do you think it will still work fine with the casting rod or should I send it back for a spinning rod instead. Just not excited about the hassle of sending it back unless it will work fine with a casting reel. I would appreciate your opinion. I am new to crappie fishing. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you didn't buy a jig pole?
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill ... it would depend on "how" you intend to use it, as to which reel would work best with it.

A baitcast reel isn't going to cast a 1/16oz jig far enough to be of any real use ... but, it would work for use in a rod holder, or for vertical jigging. A spincast reel would be more usable, over a wider variety of methods, but most of them don't seem to hold up to much heavy usage.

Unless you're sure the mistake was on the part of the 3rd party provider, & you can get an exchange without the cost of return shipping, I'd say put a spincast reel on it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I think I will put a spin cast reel on it and use it for jigging around stumps and weeds. I guess I could use the baitcaster to do the same thing. But for casting the spincast would be the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Please close thread. Thanks for the answers.