Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota Power Drive Foot Pedal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Power Drive Foot Pedal?

Hey guys,

I am still feeling out all my options for a new trolling motor and I have narrowed it down to either a Minn Kota Power Drive or a Minn Kota Terrova...

The Terrova does not release until about November so I am trying to convince myself that the Power Drive is sufficient... The only problem I see with Power Drive compared to the Terrova is the foot pedal. I am used to steering the boat using the heel to toe motion. And I see the power drive functions with left and right "buttons" to steer. My question is how well does that steering system work?

Of those out there that use the power drive do you like the foot pedal? If it’s hard to learn or not preferred I will wait on the Terrova and the conventional foot pedal steering.

Thanks for any help I simply cannot decide...

~Fishin' Magician~

novelle72 Guest

I have a powerdrive and I am not real impressed with the foot pedal. It has been difficult for me to get used to controlling the on/off with my heel and trying to turn with the front of my foot, hard to explain it just feels awkward. I have purchased a wireless co pilot unit to install but have not done it yet. The autopilot would probably be a nice addition as well. What I do like about the powerdrive is that once you point it in a direction it stays. With my cable steer I had to keep my foot on the pedal at all times or the motor would turn. If you do buy the power drive you will want to lubricate the shaft with some silicon spray or reel magic otherwise it will be diffcult to deploy and stow the motor. (once lubricated it slides very easily) Hope this helps.