Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can i get some help with rain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can i get some help with rain?

I’m wondering if anyone can give me basic info on how rainaffects crappie. Like dose rain shut them down or turns them up? Or do they getcloser to shore, or go deeper? Even if you can give me your personal experiencewith rains affect on your fishing trip. Thanks
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the true effect but my experience have been some of both. I've fished the banks hard with no bites then a semi hard shower starts and ole nelly, can't keep up with the bites right along side bank in a foot of water. But also you have to account for the time of year as well. When I experienced this explosion it was in the middle of the summer when showers were rare. also I've found that a lot of fresh water can slow them as well. This is just my observation. I'm no expert by any means, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think rain affects them directly. It's more temperature, light levels and clouding of the water after a heavy rain.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.