PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Charlie Brewer Lures?

djackson234
08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Anyone here using the grubs or other products? They seem to be effective and a decent value. I have a few of the 1 1/2 inch grubs and crappie seem to kill them. Plus they are rigged weedless which helps out a lot. Anyone else have experience with the product line as I have been fishing primarily Yammamoto grubs and ikas and am looking to get away from the expensive product line. Thanks.

Dave

deathb4disco
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I use the Slider worms and bass grubs a lot. They're both great for bass.

I haven't used the crappie sliders much since I usually use marabou jigs. In really snaggy places, the sliders are great 'cause they're weedless.

djackson234
08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I was also wondering about the worms but didn't ask it here as its for crappie, but do you feel they are a sustitute for traditional worms and even senkos? I think the whole product line is really decent and is more in line with my philosophy, I use 4lb test and a small ultralight for most all of my fishing no matter what, bass, crappie, etc. My goal is to go tarpon and bonefishing in key west with my ultralight. Some day. Thanks, your insight is appreciated.

Dave

bearclaw
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
DJACKSON,I troll for crappie and sliders are the bait I pull most.I dont use the slider head,just a minnow type head.I haven't ever tried the slider head,I am sure it would work.I use the 1 1/2".

crap-king
08-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I like the sliders - lots of colors - the lead heads are a little more expensive but they will hold a grub for a lot longer than most

abarkley
08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
i use slider bodies on a lot of different heads when i troll in the fall and spring. i like the action the tail produces.

deathb4disco
08-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Dave,

Slider fishing is a system or philosophy that can be applied to a lot of different baits, not just the small plastic worms and grubs.

If you haven't read Charlie's book, I'd highly recommend it. There's more wisdom in that book that in a couple years' worth of fishing mags.

Good luck on the tarpon. I'd suggest you'd look for some SMALL ones for your ultralight!

Billy2
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
deathb4disco,.......where do you purchase Charlie's book?

abarkley
08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
deathb4disco,.......where do you purchase Charlie's book?

http://www.fishingworld.com/Slider/Details.tmpl?ID=95687443052914&Cart=115698509549209519&SKU=Book

try this

djackson234
08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I just ordered the DVD today. Can't wait.

GRIZZ
08-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Slider grubs work great on roadrunners.

fishindaddyo
08-30-2006, 10:47 PM
I've found them to be a great lure for all my fishing. Caught nice bass, crappie, and bream on them consistently. C-Rex introduced them to me and after trying them with the slider jigs (sold under Turbo Jig heads @ Wallyworld) I've found the perfect weedless rig for heavy brush and tight spaces. I've really got to get some more in other colors. I've only used bumblebee and blk.chrt.

fiddlefarter
08-31-2006, 08:10 AM
I really like Slider grubs in the spring. I have caught a lot on them the past 3 years. I like ice blue/chart but we have semi-clear water. On cloudy days I go to black/chart.

drill instructor
08-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Sliders are awesome, i think i have all the colors he makes. I use my own jigheads.

boatman44
08-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Sliders are excellent baits I also have every color they make, they have a slider kit that contains 1000 jigs its around 57.00 bollars the last time I purchased. I've got 3 kits. just my opinion.

crappiechappy
08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Slider makes an excellent product. Their grubs are great for almost any technique used for crappie fishing and they offer a wide range of colors. I highly recommend them.

djackson234
08-31-2006, 11:17 AM
I was thinking of ordering that. I have a few colors now and have used mostly the white and they seem to be great products. I can fish all day on one grub unlike the cheap (yet effective) Yamamoto products. Wow, three kits! I will probably order that over the weekend. Thanks.

Dave

deathb4disco
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Dave,

Get the book. It will be an excellent complement to the DVD. The Brewer company also used to have a booklet on using sliders for crappie fishing. They sent it to me for free when I bought one of their rods. You might ask them if it's still available.

I checked the site and they're not offering the same DVD I have. The new one has Charlie Brewer's son. I'm sure it's good, but the old one had Charlie Brewer going through all the slider techniques.

Bass Pro used to carry that video, but I can't find it on their website.

djackson234
08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I think I will get the book when I order the kit. I ordered the catalog as well, I had the last version. I like the whole product line and philosophy. The jig heads are pricey but most everything else is reasonable. 7.50 for 20 slider heads? While far from robbery, it is a little high. I will probably use my regular heads since I fish with a bobber most of the time. Thanks for the insight everybody and I hope for much more.

Dave