Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod & Reel setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod & Reel setup

I am new to this site and have been reading all I can on crappie fishing to get some knowledge on the crappie. I just purchased a B'n'M 10.5 Russ Bailey edition rod and plan to use a pflueger trion 3730 reel with it. Is it a good start as a setup for crappies? I know I am as green as peas but would like your input if you can. I also have a st. Croix eyecon medium lite rod for walleyes I guess I could use. It is 7'0 with a shimano symetre 1000rd reel or a abu cardinal 1000 U but it is maybe too small. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

No replies so please close thread!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to give people time to reply. Check a few threads down. I posted a similar thread that may have some useful info for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a search and found info on the B'N'M Rods and found the answers I was looking for. I figured I would close the thread because it was probably a subject answered many times already.

Post Thanks / Like

any reel that holds line is good for crappie just my
    Fishing's not about luck it how you wiggle your worm

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I did a search and found info on the B'N'M Rods and found the answers I was looking for. I figured I would close the thread because it was probably a subject answered many times already.
    Continue to ask your questions. Many people on this site will help you. Welcome from Alabama. In my opinion the type of rod and reel epends upon how you envision using the rod. Do you troll a lot with spider rig? If so you may consider the longer 10' through 14' rods. Are you fishing from the bank where there are a lot of trees? If so you would be more comfortable with the 6' rods. Do you love to cast jigs under a slip float? Then you are like me and I use a 7' rod. My favorite rods are B-n-M (Russ Bailey) or Ugly Stick (Lite). Just my personal preferences.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated. I will probably do a little of everything you mentioned so you about covered it all. Thanks and God Bless!