Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: READ: Biggest Crappie.com contest ever -Eight Driftmaster Crappie Stalkers NEW DESIGN

Post Thanks / Like

Default READ: Biggest Crappie.com contest ever -Eight Driftmaster Crappie Stalkers NEW DESIGN

Lets have a “Story” contest. Tell us a story about any one of these topics:

• A good deed you did, fishing related.
    • A good deed you were the recipient of, fishing related.
    • Why you like Crappie.com.
    • Why Crappie.com has been good to/for you.

And include at least one (or more) related photos.

Post your story here in this thread. This contest will end (end of day) on Flag Day, June 14th 2013.

My family members will choose a winner based on which one they liked best.

The prize is a big one! The retail value of this prize is over $650. This a a new design.

A set of EIGHT:

CRAPPIE STALKERS
    SPIDER RIGGING SYSTEM
    NEW OFFSET DESIGN 692 B1
    # T-275-HCX;

Name:  stalkers.jpg
Views: 18787
Size:  98.0 KB

Thank you Driftmaster for your generous contribution - Visit their site: Driftmaster-Black River Tools

Standard disclaimer: Prizes and Rules subject to change without notice.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

What Crappie.com offers everyone is opportunities for:
    1. Knowledge and the ability to share.
    2. Opportunity and the chance to express artistic flair.
    3. Growth and experience in the art of catching crappies.
    4. Photos to express excitement and friendships.
    5. Atmosphere for good natured humor and discussion.
    6. A place to acquire and share information for designing effective and attractive baits.
    7. Variety in techniques for successful angling in different water types and conditions.
    8. A vision shared and expanded upon by a family willing to step up and out into a market with optimism and a dream.
    9. A greatful public forum shared by thousands of eager and knowledgable men and women.
    10. A public house everyone can share and learn to play by the rules and make friendships that will endure the test of time.

Thank You for all your efforts to provide a place men and women and youngsters from all walks of life can come together and share and care
    about a common passion. May your efforts continue to be fruitful and provide a place where so many can speak and provide knowledge that
    has yet to be written in books. Where there is an opportunity to build a better mouse trap, the innovators will gather. I've read the posts of
    both thick and thin skinned fishermen and they all eat from the same skillet. We live in stressful times and we have uncertain tomorrows. My
    hopes for all is a common effort to transcend and surpass the wills of man, and follow His will. Good luck to all.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Last fall was fishing at Sardis and had one of my best days (up until that time) caught my limit and had a great day. Got to the ramp and was getting everything put away and started talking with two older gentleman. They were in their 80's and used to fish all the time. This was their first trip out in a long time and had driven down from somewhere in Memphis. They hadn't caught any fish. I asked them to come take a look at what I had in the livewell. They were like kids seeing the boat load of fish. Well I asked them if they wanted all of them--they asked if I was serious--I said of course--it's my pleasure. So I loaded them up for them and finished squaring the boat away and went home. It was a very good day.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i go to camps
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

My grandfather taught my dad how to fish for crappie, my dad taught me, im teaching jr. And making sure he always has a place to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

On 1-19-2013 I was fishing in the bigeyecrappieman tournament. All started out well, had made it to the section of the lake that I planned on fishing. Got all my rods put out and had caught two small crappie. Then I had a very good take down reached down to grab it and slipped and fell in the water! It was cold the air temp was around 28 the water temp was 47. I had every bit of clothing on a man could get on including my life vest . I made many attempts at getting back in my boat ,but was not able to due to being to heavy and tired . Then it hit me I had my remote for my trolling motor around my neck, but it was to wet and was not working. There was hardly any wind blowing and I was 50 yards from shore so Just hung on till my boat got to about 10 yards from the shore , then I grabbed my rope tied to the front eyelet of my boat and wrapped it around my hand. My only thought was I had to get out of the water quick so I swam as hard as I could till I hit the rocks with my hands, I was give out by this time and had to sit there for a min. to catch my breath. I pulled my boat to me and got in, I was just lucky there was a boat ramp just ahead . Just as I pulled up to the boat ramp a man was putting his boat in the water and seen that I was soaking wet .He grabbed me and put me in his truck and asked me where I was parked while dialing 911. His name was Mr. Johnston I wish I had a first name , but he helped save my life by his quick actions My body temp was 90.5 and EMS told me if I had been in the water another 10 min. I probably would not be here today. I was in the water for 20 min. I believe Mr. Johnston was sent from God to be my angel. I also had a lot of prayers from crappie.com members that found out after the accident .I love this site and have made many new friends on here. Thanks Slab for creating such a good web site!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piture added for Paddlefoot70 story

Getting back out after accident in Tournament
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KDAVID1 View Post
    Last fall was fishing at Sardis and had one of my best days (up until that time) caught my limit and had a great day. Got to the ramp and was getting everything put away and started talking with two older gentleman. They were in their 80's and used to fish all the time. This was their first trip out in a long time and had driven down from somewhere in Memphis. They hadn't caught any fish. I asked them to come take a look at what I had in the livewell. They were like kids seeing the boat load of fish. Well I asked them if they wanted all of them--they asked if I was serious--I said of course--it's my pleasure. So I loaded them up for them and finished squaring the boat away and went home. It was a very good day.
    Forgot the pic (just of the fish though)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

This one time at band camp I.............................
    Some people climb everest,others go fishin' with me

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  50.9 KBI don’t know if I did a good deed or the kid did? Midsummer3 years ago I went to the sand docks on the Niagara River to see what was goingon and to just get a line wet. I set up my stuff and sat down with a leach setup drop shot to jig along the wall. While I was relaxing I picked a voice upout of the crowd around me, I think I picked it up because it reminded me of mylittle cousin Tiff. Tiffany has a disability and right away I knew the kid I heardwas maybe the same. He kept calling for his dad, over and over but no one cameover to him. He was holding a closed face pole with a 3inch yellow Mr. Twisteron a bait holder hook with a split shot that was too small for the rivercurrent. I knew he was most likely tanglingwith every one, so I said to him ill help and he kept saying thank you over andover while I set him up the same as me, drop shot but with a yum worm and toldhim to put the twister in his stuff. He said thank you and went back to hischair and I went back to fishing. A bit later his dad was getting his stuffready and he came over and said goodbye and I told him it was nice fishing withhim and he gave me thumbs up and left. And I was the one smiling….. Thanks kid..............Pic is to show Tiffany she is in the blue, Cant take em off the line but she can catch-em.
    Last edited by Big Jay; 04-13-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: forgot pic
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast