Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taylorsville report, last Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylorsville report, last Sat.

Sorry about the late post, just haven't had time to get online. We managed 16 keepers saturday morning, nothing big but solid keepers up to 12 inches. Fish were caught vertical jigging tubes and with minnows under slip floats. Most of the fish were the usual 8 - 10 ft deep over deeper water.
    The shad were thick in the creek we stopped in. You could see bigger fish flash under the baitfish as they were feeding, interesting to watch. Surface temps ranged from 80 - 83. The cooler air temps we're getting right now might really get the bite going. Hope someone else can catch them 'cause it looks like it'll be a while before I can make it out again.

Take care,
    Greenfish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for the report, Greenfish ...

I just KNEW that "keeper" fish were still in there, somewhere :D Looks like the cooler temps and rains have got their attention !! Glad to know that there's still a chance for some good Fall fishing results.
    And, wouldn't you know it, I'm off work this weekend ... and could go to Taylorsville -- but, I'm already booked thru the weekend, with a "invite only" Dove hunt !! But, at least I know that a trip to T-ville wouldn't necessarily be a futile effort ... and between upcoming trips to Tenn, I can expect Taylorsville to be a worthwhile destination. ........... luck2ya ... cp