Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TRUMAN ADVICE Sunday - Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Default TRUMAN ADVICE Sunday - Monday

Me and the missus are coming down from MTL Sunday thru Tues to Truman. Planning on staying at motel in the Grand arm area and putting in at Bucksaw. Have fished out of there and Tebo several times thru the years. My 1st ? is should i go left are right from boat ramp? and how far. Plan on spider rigging or vertical jigging.

2nd ?. While i am there i am going to check out some RV spots for monthly or yearly site. Just retired and love HST but its about 4 1/2 hrs so i just bought 30 ft.
    5th wheel and am going to be looking at some places. Always stayed at motels before so i could use some advice on where to check out differeny places to put the RV.

Appr. any input or help. Thanks!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is several RV campgrounds with in a couple miles of Bucksaw on U hwy. Bucksaw actually may have a couple spots left in their campground. It is a little higher than others but it is right there at the marina and has a nice pool which my kids will enjoy this summer. You can catch fish either direction right now. You also can catch fish with in a mile run either direction also. A lot of fish being caught from Bucksaw down river from marina to about five miles down and up for a long ways. Hit up Jeff or Eric at the marina and they will send you in the right direction. Tell them you are with crappie.com and Jared sent you. Well maybe you shouldn't use me for a reference Who knows where they may send you then

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jared. Fished a couple CM tournaments out of Bucksaw. Always buy a hat at the Marina when i am there. I will make sure i have one on if i mention your name LOL

Looking for RV site anywhere from Sterret creek to Warsaw to Bucksaw area as that is the direction i come from home.

Post Thanks / Like

You may have to spend a day and check them all out. I bet there is 15 or so from Bucksaw to Warsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to agree with Jared on fishing. #2 - Check out Evening Shade RV park, located on Hwy U before you get to Bucksaw turnoff. Tell Dee that Rod sent you. Know they have 5 sites available.

Post Thanks / Like

will check out evening shade. Going to fish until noon monday and spend rest of day looking at the different rv sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Evening shade is a nice quiet one and only a couple miles from Bucksaw. Them with Rod as a neighbor you could probably get him to take you fishing. I hear he can sure find them bass. Could learn a lot about the lake and fishing in a short time from a guy like him.

Post Thanks / Like

cozy corner by the sparrowfoot ramp is my choice, 1/2 mile from sparrowfoot, 20 miles to bucksaw or talley bend ramps and even closer to osceola ramp, about four or five miles to clinton, good sam park, pool and have monthly and annual rentals, randy and amy the owners are great people and run a clean park, i checked out about 20 campgrounds before i went there 5 years ago, it was the best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crappie5 will put cozy corner on the list to check out.