Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 4/11-12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 4/11-12

Long time lurker. First time poster. I'm headed to Truman this weekend to camp and fish Bucksaw with the wife, 4yr old daughter, 2yr old boy...and dog. Been searching the old posts trying to learn as much as I can about the area. Was thinking they'd be move in to the shore and hope the rising water and cold front didn't pushing out. I'm sure we'll have a blast either way, but am sure hoping I can put the kids on some fish. Surprise alert...their attention span seems to hold better when they have a fish on. I'll be in a blue 1996 stratos 219f with a 150 johnson. Say hi. Appreciate any input

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure there will be many on the bank yet. But they are getting closer. Rigging the creeks is still working the best. You can try pitching to the banks but dipping or casting around the trees off the points in the creeks may get you a few. I hope to get out Sunday. Will give you a holler of I see ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. We're not quite to the spider rigging status yet.... but my daughters pretty good at putting the Dora the Explorer fishing pole of the sid while I slow troll

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good time with the little ones. Cedar creek is the first big creek down from Bucksaw and can be good in the little pockets on the left side as you work your way into the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll give it a whirl. Looks like a really neat lake. I'm not expecting to go limit out...not that kinda trip. Its just important to me to get my kids turned on! Maybe for selfish reasons on two fronts...me spending more time with them, and the more they want to go, the more im on the water.

One question. Which way is "up" the lake? I've read about otter and pretty bob and located them on a map. Are they "up" the lake, or "down" the lake from bucksaw? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are up. Turning right from Bucksaw is up river. Left is down river which is towards the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Hope you get your kids on some fish this weekend. Best of luck! Sounds like Jared has you heading in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!! Best of luck to you and the family this weekend....rain may have muddied things up a bit down there, I know it has up here. Try both jigs and minnows (sometimes the kids have the most fun playing with the bait!) and get your minnows at Bucksaw. Tell them you are a CDC member, they support us and we try to support them. They will have some of the latest news on where fish are being caught. Take it easy in the creeks....there are plenty of sunken stobs in all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the help. Plan on slow trolling my way back in the creek workin from the mouth in....all the while fighting my inner bass fisherman need to whip crankbaits all over the place. Maybe if I get out early Sunday i'll give the bass a try, but vic n said it right...kids love the minners!

Just got done tinkering with tackle. I get so dang excited for camping and fishing....tomorrow will be a long day of work.

Muddy water mean darker color baits?

Post Thanks / Like

Hep dark baits and minnows blk/pink and blk/chart have been best for me. Tightwad C Store is always helpful also. Nice little store not far from Bucksaw. If you make it to Clinton swing in Everharts. I will be there from 7-3 on Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast