Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy woman on big island

Post Thanks / Like

Default crazy woman on big island

As I promised the crazy woman on big island (little niangua arm) that I would tell everyone I knew to come and fish her dock. Please stop by and pay her a visit, her dock is very easy to find its got more chicken wire than a hen house. She couldn't help but inform me of the laws on loz that I couldn't cast my jig anywhere under the roof of her dock. NOW..GOSH DANG FELLER are you kidding me. I cant cast a jig in or around your dock. These people fire me up.

Post Thanks / Like

Where on big island, I will stop by this weekend and tell her hello. I take chicken wire and ropes across slips as a personal challenge to catch fish from under your dock...

Post Thanks / Like

About three quarter way around the island coming from the main lake. You can't miss it. Have fun I'm sure to pay her another visit real soon. Sorry about my venting had to get that off my chest, I feel better now believe it or not.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing they can own so much water! I'm glad she let you on her lake lol a trick I learned is when they start that BS say you want their name because your lawyer is looking for them because they don't have a permit for their dock to be out that far in the lake and it wasn't properly marked with the correct lights and you ran into it causing harm to yourself and boat and your gonna sue! They go inside very quickly!!!
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to be a popular view but hasn't stopped me before. Are such dock owners right? Course not. It is frustrating, happened to me several times at Lake Ozark. But often these people are elderly, physically infirm, may not be able to fish from a boat, aren't very skilled or don't fish a lot and the crappie on their dock are the only ones they feel they have a chance at. Is it really worth it? If we're as good as most of us want to brag about surely there's other spots. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the house that is partially burnt. A bunch of us need to all meet there at the same time and see what she has to say about that. Me and my cousin always stop at that dock just to make her day. There is another dock on the Little Niangua that has a sign that says no fishing around cables.LOL!!

I have met more nice people fishing docks than mean. Most don't have a problem as long as you catch a few fish and move on.When you camp out and clean them out is when most get pissed. Alot of my favorite spots on LOZ have had docks put over them over time and when a dock owner gripes at me for fishing there I let them know that I fished that spot a long time before their dock was there.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you own some brush piles on Truman and try to run folks off.

Those people are not within their rights. I love it when people bend what's right or legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Kaz says,there is a bunch of water out there.Is it really worth stirring up someone up just to prove you can legally?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, not to get a battle started here but maybe they need to take their money and buy a private lake. I'm not in the wrong and I spend my hard earned money to go fish on a public lake and enjoy myself. If someone tells me they don't allow fishing around their dock I politely tell them to go get bent. I will never fish a dock if someone is fishing on it. As the point made above a lot of these places I've fished before any dock was ever there. These people try to intimidate fishermen and I would bet 95% of fishermen coward away. I guarantee if people would start voicing their opinions, dock owners wouldn't feel so confident in storming out of their house to yell at someone doing nothing against the law. Just my .02 cents

Post Thanks / Like

LOZ targa- that's the one. Boarded up windows.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast