Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caught a stud.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caught a stud.....

waiting on pics from my client. I don't take a camera on guided trips simply becasue I think that's bad luck...BUT during one of my guided trips last week, we put out about 30 catfish jugs...Well, needless to say, we caught a sure enough stud BLUE cat. The clients I had were from Maryland, are were 3 generations. The father, his father and the grand-son who was about 9. I noticed a jug kept moving and would disappear for a long time and I went over and stayed witht the jug until the fish tired out. I thought to myself, this is maybe a 20 pound fish. Well, when we pulled up on the jug and the kid grabbed it and started pulling him in, I said, this might be the biggest catfish you'll ever see in your entire life. As I looked over the side of the boat I thought I saw a VERY dark and BIG shaddow coming up. Certainly that can't be a fish...What is was was about 55 pounds of STUD old man blue kat. This fish was so big it has stretch marks on its belly.

Pics are on their way to me for posting all over the internet as well at Bass Pro Shops. The fish was bigger than the kid. I'll have it posted here ASAP. All fish we caugh that day were released unharmed so I know that stud is still there.

Pics will be up as soon as I get them in the mail.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang.... man.. here I sit with "baited" breath... still waiting on that picture!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see that big boy!!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see this catfish. Nice Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Things that are bad luck to a fisherman:

#1) Bringing a camera on your guided fishing trip.

#2) Bragging about a fish for which you have no proof yet..... and now may never get.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the proof is in the mail. The kids Grandmother called me to thank me and to tell me it's the biggest fish she's ever seen. She said she was sending trple copies so I could put one at Bass Pro...The lady knew we had a bass pro here and she was calling me from maryland...Anyway, as soon as it gets here I will scan it and post it on here.

And I don't take a camera cause I catch so many fish it's just another day on the water for me...I leave it up to the client to bring their own camera...Do you think a Deep Sea Charter Boat Captain takes a camera on every trip and jumps down on the deck for a photo op everytime someone catches a 10pound red snapper?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the pics...I'm fascinated w/ trophy cats.
    Last edited by ThrillSeeker; 09-01-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is...and the pic doesn't do it justice...Should have some from the side...But oh well, we take what we can get!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 09-25-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a stud cat. It is almost as big as the kid.:D
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That's my asst holding it up...H eis holding it out a little away from him but you try holding 50 pounds out in front of you...His arn is some what bent so the fish is almost actual size nest to the adult...The fishes head is as big as the adult..>The fish was as long as the kid...From the side that fish is SO BIG...I have another pic they sent but it's terrible...me with double chin straining to hold him up...I'm a big guy and that fish is as wide as me...I might post that one too...BUt it's not a good pic...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast