Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me come up with a good contest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me come up with a good contest

Help me come up with a contest, I thought about biggest crappie by length and or by weight, but how to make sure they are caught during the contest and how long should the contest go to make sure all that want to can have time to go fishing and get a chance to win?

The person with the best rules and all inclusive contest will get a prize as will the contest winner & second place in the contest.

The prize for coming up with the best total contest will get their choice of either the Christmas Candy Jigs set or the Cow Killer Jigs set the winner of the big fish or what ever the contest ends up being will get both. Second prize of the big fish will win a set of the Micro Jigs in the Pictures (keep in mind one of the jigs is in both pictures so that will be a total of 7 Micro's as pictured)
    (2nd & 3rd Pic).

Here it is... One set of Christmas Candy Jigs and One set of Cow killer Jigs pictured here (first pic). Each set will have 1 each color of 1/32oz, 1/16oz. & 1/8oz. That is a total of 6 Jigs.

Is anyone interested? I hope this is fun at least that is my goal.

Also this will be on at least one more board on the Internet and it's all part of the same contest.

This is Cotton Candy, Lemon Pie, Lime Pie & that is the only 3 that I have a name for as of now.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, I think this could be pretty simple.

It just has to photographed next to a ruler/tape measure and or on a scale.
    Of course, the date will have to show up on the camera also.

It's pretty much a "paper" tournament.
    Hopefully all participants will be honest.
    It is fishing though. So...good luck with that. :d
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Jeff, but maybe someone will come up with something I have not thought of and it all for fun anyway. I feel most here and at TFF will be honest since it's not a $1000 or something. It's really not worth cheating on this I would think. Maybe I am being gullible though.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

You could do like i have done in the past make them have either a dollar bill beside the fish or say a calander that way they cant use a older picture becuase the date on the pictures can be altered to show recent when it was really a older picture and i forgot to put this in a minute ago mabey let it run until october that way we can fish through septemeber when they really start biting where i am at.
    Last edited by Bluegillfreak; 08-29-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Who ever came up with the dollar bill idea was a genius

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

All photos submitted must have an item in the photo that will ensure that it was taken during the contest. For example, a nickel heads up or tails up, a certain type of bobber, a gold hook, etc. As well as the fish laid out on a tape measure or measure board with the numbers legible.

the evening before the contest you will announce what the special item is and where it is to be positioned in the picture. Like the nickel heads up in the upper right corner of the pic.

If you run monthly contests, then on the last day of the previous month you announce a new item. I would only go with lengths and not weights because even people in tourneys find a way to increase their weight from time to time.

The date on the pic won't help because it can be changed. I know I've posted some pics here that had the wrong date on them.

Smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Have Them Take All Pictures On The Days Newspaper To Show The Date And A Ruler And Dollar Bill On Each Side Of The Fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of you doing a contest like this, the whole thing is pretty much gonna have to be on a trust basis, but then again, you are talking to a bunch of "fishermen" and we all have fishin tales. And with the technology of computers these days it would be easy for anyone to super-impose any image at a smaller size to lay next to their fish. You may want to have them lay the fish on top of some sort of document or maybe a notebook which is 8.5X11 inches and even lay a tape measure next to the notebook.
    I would like to do the contest thing, but down here in south louisiana the crappie don't get that big, Been fishing here all my life and i caught the biggest crappie I have ever caught a few weeks ago and it was only 12.5 inches long. So good luck to all that participate in it if it happens.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

How about a best picture of you holding the crappie. To lessen the chance of cheating, make the subject of the picture wear a hat. The required color of the hat should be mentioned directly before the contest begins.

Let the viewers pick which photo they like.

Post Thanks / Like

Contest for largest Crappie and caught only between a certain month....Like beginning Oct.1 to Oct. 31....
    All participents must be Crappie.com members only and not someones child or grandchild....or other cutie pies.....Picture of fish should be dated and laid on a newspaper dated within the time limit specified in rules.....A ruler must be present in pic to identify length........:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast