Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help windshield repair

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help windshield repair

Need help from all you do-it-yourselfers out there. The corner broke off my windshield (plastic or something, not glass) does anyone know of what kind of glue or how to best repair it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Superglue will fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

It is probably plexi-glass and I would have to agree with Matt, super glue, or if you want to spend a little more, maybe an Epoxy compound from the local lumber yard/ hardware store.
    Last edited by jlaughlin72; 08-29-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Epoxy is the way to go i have had to fix a couple of windshields and once the glue is dry it will be as strong as new.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Redeye50 if you want something that will fix it and I mean fix it this is what I used when I droke about 3 in. square piece out of mine. weld.on #16 clear,thick cement for Acrylic Sheets. IPS weld-on 16 cement manufactured and packaged by: IPS corporation P.O Box 379 Gardena, California 90248. Super Glue don't work. I don't now whare I got mine but it was about $4:00 a tube (5 oz tube )

Post Thanks / Like

Your local glass company probably has the adhesive mentioned about (or something similar) made for bonding Plexiglas. I think that would be stronger in the long run than Super Glue. For either one I would clean both surfaces real well with rubbing alcohol first.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks to all who replied. I have tried super glue but it didn't work. Both surfaces are to smooth to bond. If I rough it up it won't fit right. Will keep looking to try and find some of the Weld #16.
    Thanks again

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't care too much what it looks like and just you want it fixed. Sand around it a little to get a good bond. put the parts together and use duct tape on the opposite side to hold it together. Put some mesh drywall tape across the crack on the inside of the windshield, where its less obvious. Then mix up some epoxy and epoxy over it. This is the only way you will get it to hold and this trick works real well for any kind of plastic repair. I just fixed a crack in a truck grill like this last week.

It would look bad out where everyone can see it but if you do it on the inside it might noy be too obvious.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.