Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trip to Truman

Hey yall,

I'm excited to say that my family and I will be coming back to Truman to do some crappie fishing. Easily my favorite lake to fish. Was just wondering if any of you could give me some insight on what stage you think the crappie will be in (spawn)? Any other insight and tips would be much appreciated. We'll be fishing from April 20th-24th. I realize its hard to predict how the weather will turn out in the next two weeks.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be pretty good timing to find some on the banks. What area will you be staying and fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Well be staying at the R&C Adventures Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

You can try riggin 8... He is guide there and member here on the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Well we've been here since yesterday morning. One fish in two days. Are we missing something or is fishing just this slow? TIA

Post Thanks / Like

High muddy water, I'm not gonna say you can't catch them because some are but I also know of some GOOD fishermen that have gotten skunked in the last two days.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

There were two tournies this weekend, I stopped by the one Saturday, seen lots of NS (no score) or very low scores. The best came in with weights, but for ten fish competition, they were not what you'd expect.

The rain, weather, drop in lake temp, etc has messed em up from what I heard.

I'd say head down river to cleaner water.

Someone that actually fished this weekend might chime in later. I skipped it for working on fishing stuff like the boat locker and other issues.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I was all loaded up and had the boat hooked to head to Truman this morning, but decided to get skunked closer to home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
    Well we've been here since yesterday morning. One fish in two days. Are we missing something or is fishing just this slow? TIA
    id say you gotta be trollin live bait in the coves . 10-12' down in 20-30 feet was working and then this weather went wacko....lotta better fisherman than me on here, though...maybe with all the tournaments done, a few will talk more...but this weather seems to have just crushed it... and we have a bunch of 44 degree rain forecasted for tomorrow night....and more later this week. ...so the way i see it, we are heading the wrong direction from 58-64 degrees and decent water clarity...

usually right around april 21 is a great time to be here. i used to have a bunch of guys come down from marshalltown every april 21...as we really whacked em...not this year!

by the way, i graduated from ISU in 89...good luck fellow clone!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You just got real unlucky on your timing and the weather. Water temp dropped 7 degrees in two days. Water came up a whole bunch real fast and got real real dirty/muddy. Takes three to four days for them to adjust. It is slower than it had been but I tell you we have gotten spoiled the last two months with unbelievable catches. We fished both tournaments and ended up 13 or 14 out of 73 boats Saturday and then 15th out of only 30 boats on our CDC tournament today. So a lot changed in just 24 hours. But they can be caught just not the quality like before the rain and cold temps. My tip would be fish down from Bucksaw in the cleaner water. Fish were caught in the tournaments from 4' of water fishing in the flooded grass to fishing 20' and more of water fishing 12'-14' down. Our best and I heard several others say the same that 8' down in 12'-14' of water. Find some cleaner water and fish slow. We caught them on jigs today as well as we did on minnows which has not been the norm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast