Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake washington report

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake washington report

got up early this morning to do a little bass and perch fishing. we started out bass fishing around newport shores and i got 3 hits on a buzzbait (had 1 on that was about a pound and the others didn't take it). so after that we went to a good smallie spot....no bass but my dad got a nice perch on a dropshot. so i got out the ultra light and started to kill the BIG perch.caught 50+ with most 9" or better. kept 9 that were 10 1/2"-12". these things were Fat and had a ton of minnows in side of them. you could see the minnows flipping out of the water everywhere. the perch were very aggressive today. when you got one and you were bringing it up as many as 8 perch would follow it. it was crazy . we trolled jigs and perch meat in about 25' of water next to weedlines. to make the day even better when we got back to the launch (mercer island) there was some play boaters there that couldn't get thier boat to start, so we went next to the launch and fished the I-90 bridge. first cast i got a 8" smallie...... and on the cast after that i hooked into an 18" smallie :D . a great day. oh, and that thing on my chin in the smallie picture is a scab (i fell on cement steps).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fish CK. I did well on perch at Clear Lake on Friday and had a good fish fry before I got sick on Saturday.
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job CK14!!!!
    To fish or not to fish ...... how can that even be a queston:D