Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spyder set up????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spyder set up????

Still learning this so a little help for you experts is needed. When setting up your depths do you folks do deep inside or outside??? Also when starting the day do you run a lot of different depths to find them or your eltronics??? Loop knots on hooks?? Have been out twice so far. First time 105 mph winds and 20' white caps, next time was better with18 nice ones but could have done better. A lot of thanks to the c store folks in tightwad they have been a Lot of help so Far.

Post Thanks / Like

I start with different depths mixed in the rods to see what is working, and adjust accordingly. But that depth is not always good for the day. Where the depth differences are does not mater to me. Loop knots yes, thread hook on first and tie it into a dropper loop knot, this way the hook and minner is as free as possible for lively action. If using jigs I put them right on the 1/0 Mr Crappie cam action hook. High winds and rigging for less experienced is and will be a nightmare! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

No right or wrong way to do any of it! It's all preference in my opinion! Everyone does it a little different!

Post Thanks / Like

We are with you on that Hardhunter. Definitely not pros at it but we do alright.. Everyone can do a little different with the same results.

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

its all about draging the meat lol best way is the way you have most confindence
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!