Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rigging setup help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging setup help!!!

Question about setting my boat up for spider rigging with a partner. my boat is a 15 ft 48 inch bottom semi v hull. high sides. its stick steer but I still have room up front to build a deck, which is what i'm going to do. my question is would the person fishing with me be hindered by spider rigging off one side of the back of the boat. i'm going to add a small deck in the back as well. this would help us from being cramped but i don't want the person i'm fishing with to be at a disadvantage being in the back of the boat. or would it work better to just put two seats up front and just not have as much room? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer 2 up front. seems like it makes more of difference in shallower water since the boat is more prone to spook shallow fish. that being said, it'll work ok front and back. give him some rod holders on both sides and some long rods so he can put out a good spread and he'll catch fish off the back if you fish shallow water. if you fish deeper water I don't think it makes that much difference unless you're fishing specific pcs of structure and you don't get him in them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would put one seat in the middle of the front deck for when you are fishing alone and then one on each side of it for when you have a friend with you. If it looks like its gonna be cramped (I don't think it will)you can use seat posts with the offset in them to seperate them.My dad has the same set up and its not cramped.Then you can always put some in the back too for a third or fourth guest. Its always fun with three or four in the boat imo.I've got mine rigged so that I can fish two up front and two in the back,although I seldom fish that many guys,but when I do its usually a blast. You just can't forget about them in the back,put them on the fish too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I really want to fish two out the front, so i'm going to try to get it setup that way and hopefully there is plenty of room for us to move around a little bit

Post Thanks / Like

As they mentioned fish two out of the front and the back always could be for a 3rd person. Four of us went last summer and the two out of the back caught just as many fish or more as we did in the front.