Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigs and Fiberglass floors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigs and Fiberglass floors

How do you guys attach your Spider Rigs to your Fiberglass floors on your boat? Dont mind putting a few holes in the floor but dont want to tear it up. I see Driftmaster makes the Crowsfoot but have spent a good bit of money on the new boat already. Any tips, suggestions or pics would be appreciated. By the way, I dont want to put holes in the painted hull parts either. Will post pics if needed to get a better idea of what i'm working with.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a suggestion? Should i put bolts through floor then a piece of wood to give it some strength?
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

There are these things called nut-serts or rivnuts that you can use,they are real neat and they range in size from #8-3/8".You just mark where you need a fastener then drill the correct size hole and these things kinda rivet in and they will stay.You can get them in aluminum or steel or stainless steel. I would recomend stainless steel and use stainless steel hardware. They also are flush,so you can remove your spider rig when you don't need it and won't be anything sticking up.I use them all the time.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out our bases that attach to your boat cleats. Maybe they will work for you. Extreme Fishing Concepts

We also carry the Driftmaster Crow's Foot.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I did because I didn't feel like drilling holes in my boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Here's pic of a no hole bracket I made years ago on a glass boat, check on here some guys on here sell different types of no hole brackets.

Post Thanks / Like

Kercha, are those just 2x4's? What size hole did you drill for the seat pedestal? I like that idea! Cheap!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabepeeps View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion? Should i put bolts through floor then a piece of wood to give it some strength?
    I'd use an aluminum plate (instead of wood since the nuts would want to eventually sink into it, plus you'll never have to replace the aluminum due to it getting soft), and go 8-10" square if you have the room, even if you have to cut the gunnel side on an angle. You could use the riv-nuts in the plate instead of reaching through the compartment to hold the nuts.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the front of my boat so yall have a better understanding of what I'm working with. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365505944.742082.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  40.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Yes these are just treated 2x4 that I bought from Home Depot, the hole cutter drill bit that I use is a 1 3/4. The hole you drill depends on the size of your pedestal bar, my pedestal bar was 1 3/4 so I use a 1 3/4 hole cutter drill bit, after I drilled the 1 3/4 hole the pedestal bar didn't fit in there so I had to use the same drill cutter and grind the edges of the hole little by little until I can fit the pedestal bar in there tightly. The tighter the fit the more stable the rig will be. Make sure you cut a piece a little piece of 2x4 and place it on the back behind the pedestal bar to make the whole mount even (see pictures below to see what I am talking about).
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast