Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jumping chola jigs.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default jumping chola jigs.....

I used the green light you sent me the other night at our striper/catfish rodeo here in sc for the first time. i must say i was impressed with the brightness of the three led lights in the unit. we had six striper down lines, three on a side, and 4 catfish drift rigs out the back. the bite was really bad for our boat. with three catfish, the biggest an 8lb blue, a three pound blue and a couple lb bullhead, and 4 stripers. all the striper was caught on the same side of the boat we had the green light in the water, and the two blues was also caught on that side of the boat. we had no white lights in the water so the green was our only submerged light. we had 22 entrants in the rodeo and only 5 striper was caught. all the fish was less than two lbs, very small fish to be sure, the the only fish caught, but 4 of the five striper caught was caught outta our boat under the green light. that was our first use of the unit and everyone on my boat was commenting on how all the fish come from that side of the boat. so for our first use of the light, i was impressed. havent used it on a crappie nightstalk yet. that will come with the cooling water shortly.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply rango... I read the forum everyday but somehow missed this post.

I'm glad the Aurora worked out for you. The striper bite around here has been fantastic the last few weeks with several guys doing 200 plus fish nights under the lights. You may have noticed that the light uses very little power also so you can cut down on how many batteries you carry if you wish. 700 ma's is all.

Let me know when you get on a crappie bite with it. I'm sure you will also be happy with it there.