Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onboard Rod Storage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onboard Rod Storage

The day before yesterday I went fishing in my 12' jon boat. With me, my batteries, tackle and rods all in the boat space is at a premium. Up until now, I've always laid the rods I wasn't using down from one bench seat to another. But, on that trip I found reel handles fouled in the lines from other rods. Hook on lures were tangled up in the guides from other rods. And one time I even had a hook on a surface popper impaled through the anchor rope. Even with all those hassles, it was still and enjoyable day on the water. But it would be nice to eliminate the headache of clutter. So, with neccessity being the mother of invention, I went to the hardware store today and had them trim 3-10" pieces of 2" diameter PVC. I took some zip ties and secured the PVC tubes into an old milk crate, and I keep it out of the way behind my seat. I think it's going to work out very well keeping extra rods and a landing net out of the way until they're needed. And there is still enough room in the crate for a drink container and a few other odds and ends.

Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    But don't forget the Roadrunners

Post Thanks / Like

Very practical! I like it.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That will work for sure.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut a notch in them and they wont migrate into each other and maybe ding each other up. Great idea.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Cut a notch in them and they wont migrate into each other and maybe ding each other up. Great idea.
    What skeetbum said X2, great idea & works too
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

You are right. Whatever it takes. Nice job.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

You must have taken a page out of the kayak book. There's a bunch of guys that use a very similar setup on the back of their yaks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sky hawk View Post
    You must have taken a page out of the kayak book. There's a bunch of guys that use a very similar setup on the back of their yaks.
    Actually it's an original thought. It's just that someone else thought of it first. If that makes sense. I've not looked at the yak book/page. But I will give them credit.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    But don't forget the Roadrunners

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech Joe View Post
    Actually it's an original thought. It's just that someone else thought of it first. If that makes sense. I've not looked at the yak book/page. But I will give them credit.
    Joe ... like you said "necessity is the Mother of invention" !! Yakkers may have thought of it first, but you made it work for you (without their input). That sounds like another famous quote ... "great minds think alike"

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast