Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 05 APR

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 05 APR

Fished 1230-1930 yesterday ay Jordan. Started tightlining in 20ish FOW and no joy. Moved shallower and still no luck. Tried the Ebenezer Bridge and caught some dinks and a couple just under ten inches. The wind laid down and ran out to the 64 Bridge and caught another handful around 10 in and more dinks. Was getting pretty warm by then and started to the very back of the creeks fishing in less than 5 FOW. That was the right call. They are in shallow. Best colors were black/blue/chartreuse and popsicle (pink&purple). Have three very nice crappies still swimming in the live well waiting for the knife and kept 5 total. Had 12 in the well but forgot my measuring device in the garage so before heading in looked at them again and decided to be safe and threw 7 back alive and kicking - no harm, no foul. I'll post a picture of the biggest one later - it is going on the scale first. It is big big. Good luck. Heading back out this afternoon to the secret spawn spots with the boys...it is time to get'r'done.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your day on the water. Sometimes you just have to not give up and that is what makes you a better fisherman.I also live near Fayetteville John and plan on heading up this afternoon.Was the water muddy?

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rdrunner View Post
    Thanks for sharing your day on the water. Sometimes you just have to not give up and that is what makes you a better fisherman.I also live near Fayetteville John and plan on heading up this afternoon.Was the water muddy?
    Rdrunner - some places it was pretty muddy. other places much clearer than I expected. Mixed bag. main lake temp 51-52 back of creeks over 60. you could see the mud line pretty clear. good luck, maybe see you on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen a fish like that may I ask what it is new to these waters ...... think I will try and get my boat in the water later today. Can be a pain doing it all by yourself. And everyone waiting on the ramp.....