Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NRA factoid

Post Thanks / Like

Default NRA factoid

The NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.

While African Americans were being terrorized by the Ku Klux Klan, where the Klan were sometimes aided by local law enforcement, the NRA setup charters to help train local African American communities to be able protect themselves. The most prominent case being in 1960 in Monroe, NC where the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People head Robert Williams also chartered an NRA Rifle Club that successfully defended an assault on one of their leader's homes by the KKK without casualties.

Source: 10 Surprising Facts About the NRA That You Never Hear

This is also worth watching: [SHORT VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - YouTube
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unpossible Vonna....NRA is just a bunch of "nut-jobs" and "whackos" Isn't is funny, that you never hear of things like you posted? But, the media doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds 'em, so they just spread their lies instead.

Funny you post this, just got this in my packet that came in today's mail.......

Name:  P4030010.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  111.6 KB

Last I'd heard, the $300 NRA Life Memberships expires the end of April, now's a great time to get a $1000 Membership for less than 1/3 the cost.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Not many folks know this and too many folks don't want to believe this. Sad how brain washed some folks are.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently renewed for 5 more years. That will be close to a lifetime for me.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

ahhh one never dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I recently renewed for 5 more years. That will be close to a lifetime for me.