Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat-free fishing: Pics of your bankfishing gear in action!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat-free fishing: Pics of your bankfishing gear in action!

I thought it would be neat to see pics of other member's bank fishing gear in action. Stuff like rod holders, camp chairs, coolers, etc. Whatever you have on the bank for a day of boat-free crappie fishing. I am putting together a grab-n-go storage container that would have everything needed to spend a day or evening on the lake (or creek or pond). Just need to add bait, food and beverages. So I need some ideas and pics if you have them!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this was done one time in the past and ship had a good set up. I personally take just a bag of my baits and a few rods. If the fish are there I catch a lot pretty quick and leave or if they are not there I do not stick around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captn160 View Post
    I thought it would be neat to see pics of other member's bank fishing gear in action. Stuff like rod holders, camp chairs, coolers, etc. Whatever you have on the bank for a day of boat-free crappie fishing. I am putting together a grab-n-go storage container that would have everything needed to spend a day or evening on the lake (or creek or pond). Just need to add bait, food and beverages. So I need some ideas and pics if you have them!
    Captn, I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today. I'm just getting back into fishing, and looks like I'll be waiting till next year to get a boat. So I was also curious about seeing others gear for bank fishing. If you're no further than 50 feet from your car, no big deal. But what do you take with you if you're gonna walk a couple hundred yards to your fishing spot? I'm thinking 5-gal bucket with bag of ice inside...maybe padded top to sit on. Another small cooler with ice and beverages/snacks? Stringer for caught fish? Or, throw them on the ice in your bucket/stool? Small tackle box. Has anybody ever used a setup like I see often on the coast for pier day/night fishing? Basically a Red Ryder type wagon with ice chest, tackle, rod holders, chair, etc. Just looking for small ideas that might save a trip or two back to the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a new fishing chair for bank fishing! I wanted one for a long time.

Likes BoarBuster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The carp guys and "match" guys have some primo bank fishing gear. (I have some myself.)

It's all English and European stuff that's imported to the US.

It's great gear, but it's not cheap.

Bass Pro sells a 5-gallon bucket with a padded seat. That would be perfect for most people.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I own two Jon boats , I fish about half the time from shore . Some days I just don't want to fool with a boat , especially if I'm fishing a pond .
    My bank fishing gear is the bare minimum . Sometimes I'll carry a stool . But a lot of times I stuff a couple small boxes of lures in my pockets , hang a towel on my belt and go . Gillchaser

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Just worked on a bank fishing cart.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.
    Likes Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
    I got a new fishing chair for bank fishing! I wanted one for a long time.

I like the chair where did you get it?
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

My pictures would be pretty lame. Usually just a rod in my hands and a pack of jigs in my pocket.
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a hunting belt with several different pouches on it, a fold up chair and a couple of rods.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast